Adjunct School of Business Leadership & Technology Faculty
Bushnell University is interviewing for positions for our Adjunct Instructor pool. For undergraduate teaching in the School of Business, Leadership & Technology, a master’s degree in the area of instruction is required, unless the applicant has 10 or more years of experience in the field, then a bachelor’s degree and the required experience can be substituted. For teaching in the graduate program, a doctorate degree is required, but a master’s degree in the area of instruction can be substituted, with the requisite professional experience. We are seeking applicants to teach in the face-to-face (F2F) modality, hybrid, or fully online. If you are interested in teaching in more than one modality, indicate on your CV experience in each.
All positions require a strong commitment to multiculturalism and diversity. Candidates must have a vibrant and maturing Christian faith. Application materials must include a personal Statement of Faith that addresses how a maturing Christian faith finds expression in the candidate’s personal life, family life, community life, local church membership, and academic discipline (both inside and outside the classroom).
Seeking instructors in the following areas:
- Undergraduate Accounting & Finance (F2F)
- Undergraduate Accounting & Finance (online)
- Undergraduate Business Administration (F2F)
- Undergraduate Business Administration (online)
- Undergraduate Digital Marketing (F2F)
- Undergraduate Digital Marketing (online)
- Undergraduate Digital Media & Graphic Design (F2F)
- Undergraduate Digital Media & Graphic Design (online)
- Undergraduate Computer Information Science - CIS (online)
- Undergraduate Computer Science (Hybrid)
- Undergraduate Leadership & Coaching (F2F)
- Undergraduate Software Engineering (Hybrid)
- Undergraduate Public Service Leadership (online)
- Graduate Level Accounting & Finance (online)
- Graduate Level Business Administration – MBA (online)
- Graduate Level Leadership – Master of Arts in Leadership (online)
- Graduate Level Sport Management (online)
About Bushnell University
Founded in 1895, Bushnell University provides a holistic Christian education, fostering wisdom, faith, and service in its students. In joining the faculty here, you will be part of an academic community that seeks to cultivate your development as a Christian teacher and scholar, making a difference in the lives of your students and in your discipline. Bushnell is the largest private university in Eugene’s vibrant university district, which also includes the University of Oregon. Eugene is a college town small enough to know your neighbors and large enough to offer fantastic arts, entertainment, dining, healthcare, and educational opportunities. It is also an ideal place to enjoy the beautiful Pacific Northwest, being just one hour from the Oregon Coast, one hour from the Cascade Mountains, and less than two hours from Portland and the Columbia River Gorge.
Working Conditions/Special Requirements
- Bushnell employees must be actively engaged in a Christian congregation and able to identify with and support the Bushnell Theological Context for Community statement.
- The position requires a strong commitment to multiculturalism and diversity
- The position requires working in a non-smoking, drug free environment
- The employee must adhere to FERPA guidelines and student confidentiality at all times
- All employees of Bushnell University are “mandatory reporters” under Oregon law. See http://www.oregon.gov/dhs/abuse/pages/mandatory_report.aspx for specific information
- The position requires a strong ability to communicate effectively and succinctly, both verbally and in writing, utilizing tact, patience and courtesy
- Listening skills and the ability to speak and write clearly are essential to this position. Must possess exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- The employee must have high personal motivation, with great attention to detail and accuracy
- This person must project a positive, vibrant and professional attitude in assisting people
- This person must have high ethics of honesty and confidentiality, with a genuine and gracious presence pertaining to the students, faculty, staff and business of the department and the University
- The position may require lifting up to 25lbs, as well as bending, stooping, kneeling
- This position description is subject to change at any time
Bushnell University employees are expected to abide by the Theological Context for Bushnell Community Life. Please read this document before continuing.
Required Application Materials
For consideration, please complete and submit all of the following:
- Cover letter addressing skills, experience, and knowledge
- Personal Statement of Faith that clearly addresses all three of the sections below:
- Section 1: how a maturing Christian faith finds expression in the candidate’s personal life, family life, community life, and current church membership;
- Section 2: how the candidate integrates faith into his/her academic discipline, both inside and outside the classroom; and
- Section 3: the candidate’s understanding of and ability to support Bushnell’s Theological Context for Community statement.
- Contact information for three references, preferably including the applicant’s pastor or other appropriate church leader who is able to address the applicant’s faith background.
- Official Transcripts (Unofficial transcripts can be submitted with the application packet, but official transcripts will be required in the event an applicant is invited to interview with Bushnell)
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*