This job has Expired
International Patient Scheduling Specialist
- Job ID:
- 450 Brookline Ave, Boston, MA 02215
- Administration Support/Customer Service
- Employment Type:
- Full time
- Work Location:
- Hybrid: 2-3 days onsite/week
Reporting to the Manager, and in collaboration with clinical and operational leadership, the International Patient Scheduling Specialist is responsible for all aspects of international patient scheduling in accordance with department scheduling guidelines. This role provides superior customer service represents Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and Brigham and Women’s International Office to all international patients, families/escorts, physicians, embassies, governmental health authority’s, foundations, and insurance companies throughout the continuation of the patient’s care coordination. The International Patient Scheduling Specialist is instrumental in meeting the business needs of the program, assists in all scheduling-related tasks across all disease centers, and maintains language appropriate navigation, effective communication, and culturally sensitive understanding/knowledge to all international stakeholders engaging with the program. This role achieves patient experience and business objectives through managing a broad portfolio of patients, and personally customizing each interaction to create exceptional, world class experiences that encompass Dana-Faber Cancer Institute (DFCI)’s standard of compassion and excellence.
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is a leader in life changing breakthroughs in cancer research and patient care. We are united in our mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. We strive to create an inclusive, diverse, and equitable environment where we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all backgrounds, and design programs to promote public health particularly among high-risk and underserved populations. We conduct groundbreaking research that advances treatment, we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers, and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
- In collaboration with disease center and clinic scheduling teams, partners with care team, patient, and other key stakeholders to manage, schedule, follow up on, and facilitate coordination of all oncology and non-oncology appointments, internally and externally throughout the continuation of care.
- Develops and maintains strong professional relationships and communication with DFCI and BWH key stakeholders including disease center teams, International Patient Center, clinicians, interpreter/ambassadors, referral sources, staff, patients, and families to continually improve operations, maintain quality, and ensure satisfaction.
- Monitor status of referral request and follow-up as necessary to ensure patient receives service on timely basis.
- Coordinates procedures, specialty appointments and other requests with external facilities, including but not limited to treatments, labs, echo, biopsies, line/port placements and removal, radiology, and specialty appointments (e.g., endocrinology, cardiology, dermatology, etc.).
- Arranges telehealth visits per hospital and state/country guidelines for eligible patients, ensuring appropriate communication between internal and external providers, admins, patient/patient representatives, and other key stakeholders.
- Partners with finance and other team members, performs tasks, and otherwise supports processes to ensure appropriate financial clearance is obtained for all appointments.
- Performs past-pending reconciliations and assists department with emergency re-scheduling due to clinic closures or other events.
- Supports management of discharge process including discharge planning, monitoring inpatient cases, and providing necessary coordination with internal care teams, interpreter/ambassador, IPC, scheduling teams, and external stakeholders.
- Delivers concierge-level attention for each patient.
- Serves as on-call, after-hours contact to provide international patients assistance with the coordination of medical care outside of regular business hours as needed.
- Responsible for adherence to standard operating procedures, compliance requirements and meeting defined service levels/key performance indicators related to patient care.
- Collaborates on the development and implementation of programmatic initiatives to optimize operations and programmatic development.
- Collaborates with fellow international team members to ensure seamless coverage and task management in times of full and partial staffing levels; This may include assisting with requesting, tracking, organizing, or otherwise managing new or established patient needs and performing tasks that are typically the responsibilities of peers.
- Participates in training and onboarding of new hires.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2 years of administrative and/or customer service experience in a healthcare setting required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of patient scheduling. Experience within oncology preferred.
- Strong analytical, decision making and time management skills.
- Exceptional computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office (operating systems, word processing, database, electronic mail, Internet, spreadsheet), Customer Relationship Manager (CRM) tools. Knowledge of Epic preferred.
- Strong problem-solving skills including the ability to resolve complex issues on behalf of the providers and the patients.
- Exceptional customer service skills including the ability to deescalate and resolve patient concerns.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills including email etiquette.
- Strong critical thinking and process improvement skills.
- Ability to relate to and collaborate with a varied workforce and patient base in a highly matrixed organization.
- Ability to relate to patients from varied countries and backgrounds, and to respond to their needs demonstrating a great deal of cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information discreetly.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and champion change within peers.
- Highly motivated, independent, and capable of performing in a fast-paced environment.
- Team player.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems expeditiously and uses discretion to determine when escalation is needed.
At Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, we work every day to create an innovative, caring, and inclusive environment where every patient, family, and staff member feels they belong. As relentless as we are in our mission to reduce the burden of cancer for all, we are equally committed to diversifying our faculty and staff. Cancer knows no boundaries and when it comes to hiring the most dedicated and diverse professionals, neither do we. If working in this kind of organization inspires you, we encourage you to apply.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*