Instructor - Culinary Arts Diploma
INTERNAL / EXTERNAL
Classification: Instructor Title: Culinary Arts Diploma
Location: Meadow Lake Competition #: 82-ML-2324
Date Posted: November 21, 2023 Closing Date: December 5, 2023 at noon
Term: January 2, 2024 – May 7, 2024
Term, Full-time (84 days)
Salary Range: As per the Collective
The commencement of this position is subject to funding decisions, which are beyond the control of North West College, and
therefore subject to change. This is an in-scope position. . Internal applications from NWC staff with seniority will be considered prior
to outside applicants.
Reporting to the Coordinator, Post-Secondary Programs, North Region, the Instructor will plan and deliver the Culinary
Arts Diploma Program. The Instructor:
- Prepares course outline and classroom instruction content to meet curriculum requirements.
- Identifies resources required for program delivery.
- Delivers classroom instruction consistent with the established curriculum, learning outcomes, instructional plans,
- Utilizes adult education principles, methodologies and techniques including determining when different teaching
- Implements student examinations and learning assessment tools that meet and follow the curriculum and
- Implements in the course presentation, references to life and cultural experiences that connect to the subject
- Organizes and manages the classroom to ensure an optimum learning environment.
- Establishes, communicates and implements classroom participation and activity protocols, procedures and
- Administers the College attendance policy including recording daily student attendance and reporting
- Engages with, motivates and provides support to students in order to contribute to a positive and successful
- Monitors and provides feedback on student classroom participation and learning progress.
- Counsels students on classroom participation and study techniques to enhance their learning ability and success
- Records and submits student assessment and evaluation marks on all tests, assignments and projects.
- Identifies student learning issues and refers students to, or consults with professional assistance.
- Implements student learning assistance plans as may be established.
- Assumes responsibilities outside the classroom by participating in College projects, programs, and activities as
- Performs other responsibilities and duties as may be assigned to contribute to the success of student learning
and a positive participation experience in College programs and activities.
Teaching Assignment (may include, but not limited to): Cooking Principles &
- Culinary Skills
- Garde Manger
- Meats & Poultry Cooking
- Vegetables, Fruits, and Starches
- Menu Development
- Professionalism in the
- Breakfast Foods
- Hospitality & Service
- Job Skills Development
- Soups, Stocks & Sauces
- Interprovincial Journeyperson cook with a minimum of two years recent and relevant post-journeyperson
- A Serve It Right certificate is required.
- Experience instructing and operating the front of house, including food and beverage service.
- Knowledge of and ability to use and operate standard office software including word processing, e-mail,
- Knowledge and ability to use standard office and classroom equipment.
- Ability to apply the principles, methodologies and techniques of Adult Education.
- Ability to identify student learning challenges and difficulties.
- Ability to organize, prepare and present information in a concise and complete manner which will allow others to
- Ability to engage with students in a positive manner that assists and motivates them and contributes to their
- Demonstrated ability to have positive interpersonal relationships with all educational stakeholders: staff, partners
- Ability to work within a multi-cultural environment and to promote and encourage diversity, individual dignity and
- Ability to plan, organize, schedule and prioritize work and activities and perform effectively taking into account
- Ability to analyze, conceptualize and synthesize student needs and adapt teaching styles when necessary.
- Ability to manage classroom behavior and encourage and manage discussion groups with differing language skills,
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with a variety of individuals including colleagues, managers
and students to establish and maintain a positive working relationship to achieve operational and program
- Ability to establish and maintain records appropriate to support program operational and information needs.
- A valid Saskatchewan driver’s license.
- A satisfactory criminal records check is a condition of employment with North West College.
Qualifications are subject to the review and approval of Assiniboine Community College
If you are interested in this position with the College, please complete an Application for Employment. The application is
located on the website at www.northwestcollege.ca. Please provide a letter to Human Resources outlining how you
meet the qualifications, skills, abilities and experience as identified in the posting.
Submit Applications to:
Please Quote Competition #82-ML-2324
North West College NWC thanks all those who applied however only those selected
10702 Diefenbaker Drive for an interview will be contacted.
North Battleford SK S9A 4A8
Fax: 306.445.2254 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*