Subaward/Compliance Graduate Assistant
Functional Title:Subaward/Compliance Graduate Assistant
Category Status:04-Graduate Assistant
Applicant Search Category:Graduate Assistant
University Authorized FTE:50
Hiring Range Minimum:34052.00
Hiring Range Maximum:35384.00
Position Summary/Purpose of Position:
The Graduate Assistant will be responsible for providing accurate information and guidance to the Office of Research Administration, individual faculty researchers, departmental business officers, and administrator’s within the Office of Technology Commercialization and SPAC regarding the technical, financial, property, and invention reporting requirements and reporting formats for all federal, commercial, and non-federal awards.
- Researching, establishing, and updating an on-line federal award closeout manual including the most current forms and procedures related to the reporting requirements of all federal award closeouts, including the most current forms and procedures related to the reporting requirements of all federal agencies. Maintains communication with other administrative units on campus impacted by future changes.
- Maintaining an official digital record of all closeout and interim report submissions by continuously incorporating relevant documentation in the Kuali Research and OPTIX systems.
- Assuming the Lead role in coordinating with other units on campus to initiate a “rapid response” to federal delinquent report requests which threaten future funding or noncompliance with federal regulations, including but not limited to the research and preparation of final patent reports.
- Occasional phone interactions and frequent electronic communication with Federal contracts and grants offices, faculty, and campus administrators requiring maturity, tact, and professional demeanor
- Other office responsibilities as assigned, including but not limited to filing, scanning, and answering/directing calls as appropriate.
Must be enrolled as a full time graduate student at the University of Maryland, College Park.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with the diverse constituency of the campus community, including staff, administrators, and faculty.
- Excellent organizational skills are needed to be successful in this position.
- Applicants must be experienced with general office software such as the Adobe Acrobat Suite, Microsoft office suite, and google applications.
- First year admitted graduate student available to start as soon as possible.
- Previous experience working in a business, financial, management, or IT setting is also preferred.
Open Until FilledYes
Best Consideration Date12/01/2023
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*