This job has Expired
Director of Communications and Public Affairs
Functional Title:Director of Communications and Public Affairs
Category Status:35-Exempt Contingent Category 2
Applicant Search Category:Staff
University Authorized FTE:100
Unit:PLCY-Center for Global Sustainability
Offers of employment are contingent on completion of a background check. Information reported by the background check will not automatically disqualify you from employment.
Position Summary/Purpose of Position:
The Director of Communications and Public Affairs will lead initiatives to support, enhance, measure, and communicate the impact of CGS on policy, research, and other outcomes at global, national, and state levels. This is a key leadership position and reports to the CGS director.
Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline from an accredited college or university.
10 or more years of experience and four or more years of supervisor experience.
- Advanced degree in relevant discipline.
- Expertise in climate, energy, and sustainability issues.
- Experience working with both universities and policy environments outside of academia.
- Experience in linking research insights to external impact.
- At least 10 years of experience in relevant areas, including marketing, communications, external affairs, media engagement, government relations, and/or brand management.
- Senior management experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- The ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Commitment to enhancing CGS’s mission and goals.
Job RisksNot Applicable to This Position
Open Until FilledYes
Best Consideration Date12/19/2023
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*