This job has Expired
Part-Time Faculty - Performing Arts in Design and Technical Theatre Instructor
Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs. The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA” does not constitute an assignment. The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment and shall be determined at Management’s sole discretion.
The Montgomery College, Rockville Campus, is currently accepting applications for possible openings as a part-time faculty member teaching Performing Arts in the Design and Technical Theatre Area. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner.
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs. ***
- The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA” does not constitute an assignment.
- The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment and shall be determined at Management’s sole discretion.
- During the academic year part-time faculty at Montgomery College may teach no more than 11.5 ESH (equivalent semester hour) per semester and no more than 23 ESH per academic year.
- During summer part-time faculty at Montgomery College may teach no more than 10 ESH (equivalent semester hour) for both sessions combined.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach assigned courses related to the fields of design and technical theatre including costume crafts and makeup arts.
- Teach at the Germantown, Rockville, and/or Takoma Park/Silver Spring campus, or online, depending on need.
- Incorporate the use of educational enterprise platforms such as Blackboard into instruction, including zero-cost resources in the development and delivery of instruction.
- Advise fully produced drama mainstage productions, ensemble concerts, experimental productions, external performance partnerships, workshops and musicals, and classwork associated with the dance, theatre, musical theatre, and technical theatre tracks of the Performing Arts Department.
- MFA Degree or the equivalent combination of education, training, certification and experience that provides the required knowledge and expertise to perform the functions of the job.
- Three years demonstrated experience teaching design or technical theatre in a college or university setting OR 5 years demonstrated experience in the field of costume crafts and/or hair/wig/makeup design with a professional theatre or in television/film.
- Successful candidates will have a demonstrated commitment to promoting diversity, inclusion, and multicultural competence in an educational and work environment and must be willing to contribute to the Colleges strategic plan of inclusion.
- Faculty members are expected to have access to a personal computer with virus protection that can connect to the internet outside of the work location (i.e., office, classroom, college campus)*. Montgomery College (MC) provides an MC e-mail account and access to the learning platform, password-protected faculty sections of the website, college listservs, and other faculty communications tools. *If you do not have access to a personal computer, please notify the department chair at the time of interview. Subject to available funds, the college may be able to provide temporary access to resources.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without a sponsor.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate contributions to the culture of an institute of higher learning and/or the field of theatre (in design and/or technical) through service activities and culturally responsive pedagogy and/or praxis.
- Possess a strong desire to advance the curriculum in integrating both traditional and digital techniques in costume and/or makeup design.
- Demonstrate experience in traditional techniques and processes as well as emergent technologies.
- Possess excellent communication and leadership skills.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
Successful completion of a background check and degree verification (if applicable).
For international degrees, you must provide US degree equivalency verified by a nationally recognized credential evaluation service.
Closing DateFriday, December 22, 2023
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*