Humanities Instructor - Fine Arts
This position is responsible for instructing students in required in Fine Arts academic courses necessary for the pursuit of certificates and associates degree in the Fine Arts areas of study.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepares and presents course descriptions, lesson plans, and classroom lectures, and implements techniques to facilitate student-active learning.
- Prepares and grades tests and quizzes; develops handouts and other learning aids.
- Participates in program and curriculum development and outcome assessments.
- Provides one-to-one student supervision and/or counseling, advising and tutoring.
- Analyzes and documents student progress; coordinates and schedules student tutors as appropriate.
- Participates in student recruitment, retention and placement efforts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of adult-learning theory, curriculum development and classroom, laboratory, and field presentation techniques
- Knowledge of counseling and advising methods and techniques
- Knowledge of research methodology and information resources related to designated field(s) of study
- Basic supervisory and coaching principles and practices
- Proficient in operating equipment and performing work related to designated field(s) of study
- Ability to prepare and present classroom lectures and class work
- Proficient in the use of standard office equipment and applications including Microsoft Suites
Work Environment and Physical Factors
- Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a
- The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions
Education, Experience and Licenses
- Masters of Fine Arts (MFA_ Degree in a field directly related to Humanities Fine Arts courses being taught is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any area is required for Developmental Studies courses taught.
- Three years of practicing experience in the designated field is required.
- One to three years of experience with distance education is desired:
Luna Community College
366 Luna Drive
Las Vegas, NM 87701
Phone: (505) 454-2503
Fax: (505) 454-2520
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*