This job has Expired
Education Consultant II
Working TitleEducation Consultant II
Anticipated Hiring Range$57,000 to $60,000
Work ScheduleM-F 8-5 some nights and weekends
Job LocationRaleigh, NC
DepartmentUrban Affairs & Community Services
About the Department
Essential Job Duties
Primary task is production of polished final assessment/test items for statewide assessments of common core standards. Some positions required to conduct client training including how to create and review assessment items and how to use assessment data in instruction.
The position will work with a team to generate accurate and informative training materials. Conduct professional training following guidelines and protocol set by the program manager. Some travel required, occasional weekend and evening work due to delivery deadlines. Office environment with over half of the work involves viewing printed material and using computers. Knowledge of copyrights procedures/rules for work with various selections selected for assessment purposes.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop, revise, and evaluate assessment items and test forms for the 3-5 Mathematics content area.
- Will develop, revise, and evaluate multiple-choice and extended response test items and forms for Mathematics (including alternate assessments) and assist in guiding advisory groups in this process.
- Will work with others to ensure that items are aligned with curriculum (Common Core State Standards).
- Will coordinate and work with contractor(s) to locate appropriate Mathematics passages.
- Will also coordinate and work with contractor(s) to develop sound assessment/test items that meet NCDPI specified criteria. Will produce polished and final test forms and items.
- Will monitor item pools and assignment of item writing contracts using the online item writing system.
- Create and prepare training materials for sessions with advisory committees, teachers, and other professionals and maintain information used in online item writing systems for assigned content areas.
- Will assist in developing and preparing training materials for Mathematics, including alternate assessments.
- Will lead in direct creation or selection and location of contractors to prepare materials linking curriculum instruction and assessment.
- Will work cooperatively with the supervisor and content lead to make decisions concerning selection of appropriate training materials.
- Will help arrange and prepare media programs that disseminate information to the public related to the testing program as requested.
- Create training materials for use in online item writing systems including development of writing prompts, development of Mathematics multiple-choice, extended response, and performance items.
- Assist in developing and preparing training materials for the distributive scored performance tests as needed including creation of score reports and training and guide sets. This includes creation and/or review of materials related to the online writing assessment system (training and guide sets, rubrics, prompts, and scoring materials).
- Assist with special test development projects as necessary.
- Will assist other test development staff with various projects on an as-needed and as-available basis. This includes creation and/or review of materials related to online writing assessment systems (training and guide sets, rubrics, prompts, and scoring materials) and the development of assessments for non-tested areas and for formative assessments; and creating assessment prototypes used to guide and inform instruction.
Minimum Education and Experience
All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
Other Required Qualifications
- Ability to use word, excel, PowerPoint, access and use internet online applications and search engines.
- Ability to manage and analyze test data.
- Master’s degree with concentration in assigned (Math) subject area.
Required License(s) or Certification(s)
Valid NC Driver's License requiredNo
Commercial Driver's License requiredNo
Job Open Date11/15/2023
Anticipated Close DateOpen until filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Position TypeEHRA Non-Faculty
Full Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week)1.00
Appointment12 Month Recurring
Mandatory Designation - Adverse WeatherNon Mandatory - Adverse Weather
Mandatory Designation - Emergency EventsNon Mandatory - Emergency Event
Department ID094001 - Urban Affairs & Community Serv
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*