This job has Expired
Assistant Professor, Accounting
Santa Fe College (SF) has been recognized as one of the top-rated community colleges in the United States. Santa Fe College is a student-centered institution with a commitment to open access, academic excellence, and cultural and ethnic diversity. SF enrolls over 16,000 students each semester, retains and completes over 60% of students every academic year, while over 10% transfer into the University system.
The Business Programs Department is looking for a full-time Assistant Professor, Accounting to teach courses beginning Fall 2024.
Under general supervision, the Assistant Professor, will develop, prepare, and teach a variety of courses in the discipline, including face-to-face, hybrid, hyflex, and online courses.
- Responsibilities and Duties
- Support and promote the college and department mission of excellence in teaching and learning through quality instruction, curriculum enhancement, and service.
- Plan, organize, and deliver instruction in didactic, laboratory and/or classroom settings to demonstrate commitment to and promotion of student success in undergraduate education.
- Promote quality rigorous instruction and engagement in normal, hybrid, and on-line environments, including the use of a Learning Management System.
- Provide students with clear, timely, professional, and constructive assessment of and feedback on academic performance with the goal of supporting academic success.
- Possess and share real-world accounting experience in lessons and classroom discussions.
- Collaborate with faculty in developing and implementing appropriate technology-based instructional components for assigned classes.
- Gather, report, and assess student, course, and program learning outcome results.
- Collaborate with department chair, faculty, and peers to evaluate, revise, and develop curriculum to cultivate mastery of course and program learning outcomes.
- Provide service excellence through courteous, informed, accessible and professional engagement.
- Strictly honor the privacy, security and confidentiality of student records and other sensitive information according to appropriate state, federal and college regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Actively participate in department and committee meetings as requested.
- Demonstrate ability to cooperate in a team setting.
- Collaborate with the departmental Chair, lead faculty, department faculty and staff, and other College officials in implementing College/program policies, objectives, program standards and functions in accordance with the College’s mission, vision, and goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required: Master’s degree in Accounting or a master’s degree with a combination of at least 18 graduate hours in accounting or finance coursework.
Additional Requirements: A criminal background check will be conducted.
Preferred: Candidates with college-level teaching experience and the ability to incorporate appropriate instructional technology, including online instruction, into coursework are preferred. Candidate with face-to-face and online teaching experience is preferred.
- General Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Relationship Management – able to personally provide high level of interactive service to others, building relationships and addressing identified needs.
- Problem Solving – proven skills in identifying issues, determining their cause, developing creative solutions, and following through with implementing resolutions.
- Multi-task - Ability to expeditiously organize, coordinate, manage, prioritize, and perform multiple tasks simultaneously to swiftly assess a situation, determine a logical course of action, and apply the appropriate response.
- Communication – able to effectively communicate in a professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner using preferred method and level as applicable to the job.
- Systems & Software - proficient level of knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or relevant position software programs.
- Ability to work successfully in a multi-cultural environment.
If you are a retiree of the Florida Retirement System (FRS), please check with the FRS on how your current benefits will be affected if you are re-employed with the State of Florida. Your current retirement benefits may be canceled, suspended or deemed ineligible depending upon the date of your retirement.
Santa Fe College (SF) is committed to maintaining a work and educational environment that embraces diversity and where no member of the college community is excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or subject to discrimination in any college program or activity based on: their race, ethnicity, national origin, color, religion, age, disability, sex, pregnancy status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, political opinions or affiliations, or veteran status. This commitment applies to employees, volunteers, students, and, to the extent possible, to third parties, applicants for admission, applicants for employment, and the general public. http://www.sfcollege.edu/eaeo/
Inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies or concerns about discrimination or harassment, including concerns about sexual harassment or sexual violence under Title IX, should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Santa Fe College reserves the right to extend deadlines and/or not to offer advertised positions.
Preference will be given to eligible veterans and spouses of veterans.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*