*Vice President of Student Services
- Position Summary
The Vice President of Student Services creates a student-centered culture fostering a strong sense of belonging and wellness, while ensuring support systems align to successful completion, transfer, and/or entry to a career with a family-sustaining wage for all students. Reporting to the College President and serving on the Administrative Council, the Vice President of Student Services provides strategic leadership to the Division of Student Services, which includes
- Admissions and Records
- Advising, Counseling, and Support Services
- Financial Aid
- Enrollment Services
- KEY Center TRIO Program
- Student Life
- Testing Center
In addition to the completed application, candidates must submit the following in three PDF documents:
- Current CV/resume
- Letter no longer than five pages addressing how the candidate’s experiences match the position requirements and characteristics
- Contact information for at least five professional references, including email addresses and a brief note of the candidate’s working relationship with each. References will not be contacted without the prior knowledge and approval of the candidate and at a later stage in the search.
- Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide visionary leadership to assigned departments.
- Foster a student-centered culture of wellness, sense of belonging, and success.
- Ensure that processes, policies, and practices reflect strategic priorities of the College.
- Identify new sources of revenue to support and strengthen support to students.
- Model and champion VC’s core values.
- Work closely with the President and other members of Administrative Council.
- Advocate for VC and the service area at local, regional, state, and national meetings.
- Oversee the student disciplinary process for non-academic issues.
- Oversee the full-scale implementation of Texas Pathways Essential Practices.
- Ensure compliance with SACSCOC, THECB, ED, and local policy.
- Oversee divisional institutional effectiveness efforts, including departmental unit plans, employee goal-setting, and formation and assessment of student outcomes.
- Oversee budget development and monitor fiscal expenditures.
- Supervise the development and adherence to all policies and procedures governing student rights and responsibilities.
- Strengthen partnerships with school districts and transfer institutions.
- Develop strategic partnerships with organizations to expand services to students.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the College’s strategic plan.
- Promote professional development opportunities for divisional employees.
- Represent the division at Board meetings and workshops, providing reports and updates as needed.
- The successful candidate must possess a master’s degree from a regionally-accredited college or university.
- Distinguished record of a minimum of three years in a higher education administrative role
- Demonstrated commitment to student access, completion, transfer, and workforce entry at a good wage
- Proven record of partnership development
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Successful experience in the development and oversight of budgets aligning resources to priorities
- Successful experience supervising a team in a culture of continuous improvement
- Demonstrated commitment to student sense of belonging, wellness, and success
- Demonstrated leadership experience in student affairs/ services preferred
- Demonstrated success in the implementation of best practices in student success preferred
- Energetic and enthusiastic with a desire to serve and support
- Collaborative with the ability to build trust
- Flexible with the ability to handle pressure with mature judgement
- Organized with the ability to manage numerous complex tasks
- Professional and respectful of the talents and skills of others
- Approachable with the ability to build consensus
- Articulate with the ability to promote the College and advocate for students
- Understanding of institutional effectiveness
- Understanding of change management
- Highly visible position requiring a strong presence at the College, at college events, and in the communities served
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*