This job has Expired
Business Management/Accounting Instructor
- Position Summary
The Career & Technical Education Department is recruiting for a full time Business Management/Accounting Instructor to begin teaching in January 2024. This position is a tenured track, 9 month faculty position. Teaching assignment includes various Business Management and Accounting courses. Position is also responsible for committee work and other duties as assigned by the department chair or dean. Teaching assignments may include evening and weekend classes and/or classes at one of the college’s off-campus locations as well as classes taught using interactive television and online.
Starting earned monthly salary for the nine-month position is $5,241.33. The earned annual salary is paid out over 12 months.
Victoria College embraces equity and inclusion and has been a respected community partner in the Crossroads region since 1925 and continues to offer quality, affordable educational opportunities to help our students achieve their dreams.
Victoria has a low cost of living with easy access to the Gulf of Mexico, Houston, Austin, and San Antonio.
This position is benefits eligible. For more information on Victoria College's excellent benefits package, click the benefits tab.
- Duties & Responsibilities
Regular faculty members help students achieve learning outcomes by teaching assigned classes in accordance with established guidelines and policies and participate in advising and committee assignments, other academic and institutional support activities, and supervisory responsibilities as assigned.
- A certified public accountant with a Bachelor’s degree in business, a Master’s degree with an accounting concentration or an equivalent combination of education and experience that will meet institutional requirements.
- Experience with, or willingness to learn, online course development and teaching
- A demonstrated commitment to serving a diverse array of students, to the community college mission, and to academic excellence
- Computer literacy including QuickBooks
- Commitment to teaching excellence
- Excellent work ethic
- Master of Business Administration with 18 graduate hours in accounting and community college teaching experience.
- Physical Demands
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Exhibit keyboarding skills
- Ability to lift and move materials weighing up to twenty pounds
- Sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Bend, kneel, reach
- Utilize telephone system
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*