This job has Expired
Office of Research, Rose HillFordham University
Fordham University has an excellent reputation as a dynamic institution located in New York City. Founded in 1841, Fordham enrolls more than 16,000 undergraduate and graduate students in its 9 Colleges and Schools.
• Fordham University offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to its employees, which includes medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance.
• We offer tuition remission for employees and their dependents
• A generous employer match towards a 403(b) retirement plan.
• As a tax-exempt organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code (IRC), Fordham is considered a qualifying employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program, a federal program designed to forgive student loan debt for employees of certain public and certain nonprofit employers.
• As part of its work-life balance program, the University provides generous PTO including 15 vacation days, 12 sick days, 2 personal days, 6 summer Fridays, and holidays that include paid time off between Christmas and New year.
• University employees have access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP). EAP provides no-cost, professional, and confidential services, to help employees and family members address a variety of personal, family, life, and work-related issues.
Hybrid Policy: Please review the Hybrid Policy here.https://www.fordham.edu/human-resources/policies-guides-and-agreements/hybridremote-work-policy-for-administrators/
The Research Administrator position plays an integral role in supporting the Office of Research. The candidate needs to be motivated and engaged, have a genuine interest in research and compliance administration, excellent communication skills and willingness to work collaboratively.
• Provides support to the Research Compliance Director in policy and procedure development, education and training, and quality improvement and assurance for all areas of research compliance.
• Assist with implementation of OR research initiatives, compliance policies, and special projects.
• Communicates across the University with a wide variety of individuals and takes initiative on troubleshooting requests.
• Advises Fordham researchers on relevant regulations, policies, and procedures.
• Facilitates review requests for research compliance applications and internal funding initiatives.
• Completes special projects assigned by the Director of Research Compliance, Chief Research Officer, and the Associate Director of Research Initiatives. Collects and organizes appropriate data to support research and compliance operations.
• Coordinates major events and meetings, and takes meeting minutes for the compliance and other OR associated committees.
• Processes invoices, honorarium, reimbursement, payroll, and other payment requests.
• Receives and processes invention disclosure forms submitted by inventors of intellectual property at the University.
Essential Functions Note This list is not intended to be an exhaustive list.The University may assign additional related duties as necessary.
• Bachelor’s Degree in any area
• Five years of administrative experience in a fast-paced academic or professional setting.
• Excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills; attention to detail and accuracy.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Publisher.
• Successful candidates should have a knowledge of and commitment to the goals of Jesuit Education.
• General knowledge of matters related to research compliance.
• Strong critical thinking skills and the ability to analyze and apply regulations to research protocols.
• Excellent judgment, diplomacy, and discretion necessary in handling confidential and/or sensitive materials.
• Experience with Terminalfour, FIN Suite/Chrome River, and other Google Workspace.
Minimum Starting Salary: $58,500
Maximum Starting Salary: $70,000
Note: Salary is commensurate with qualifications, experience, and skills.
FLSA CATEGORY: Exempt
START DATE: ASAP
APPLY HERE: https://careers.fordham.edu/postings/5975
Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students in its 9 colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in the United Kingdom.
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds.
Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*