This job has Expired
Help Desk Call Center Agent
Do you desire to be part of a hardworking, dynamic IT support team that is passionate about helping people solve IT problems?
Are you keenly interested in technology and looking for an environment that offers training, coaching and mentoring opportunities for career growth?
If so, we 're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
We are seeking an IT Help Desk Technician to help us support the information technology needs of the nation 's leading university affiliated research center. You will be working with engineers, scientists and business professionals that are addressing critical challenges of our nation. We are ranked as one of Computerworld 's Top Places to Work in IT for the last five years and are wanting to add forward-thinking, dedicated hardworking technicians to our team.
As an IT Help Desk Technician ...
- Your main responsibility will be to provide first contact resolution for account administration, desktop, laptop, mobile devices, applications, and network connectivity problems remotely in a call center or walkup desk
- You will build, maintain, and modify user accounts for network and APL business applications
- You will research, analyze, and diagnose problems with client systems to include hardware and software, servers, peripheral equipment, and networks.
- You will tackle problems using detailed processes where available and standard methodologies where not
- You will assist teams with incident response support and be involved in the development and presentation of training sessions
- You will provide appropriate documentation on services provided and status updates as needed.
- Possess a Bachelor 's degree; or in lieu of a degree, at least 4 years of a combination of education and relevant IT-related work experience.
- Have the ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical problems for clients to independently resolve widely varying problems using current job knowledge and using research and external resources
- Have hardware, software and networking troubleshooting experience -- hardware experience must include desktops, laptops, mobile devices and printers software experience includes Windows and Microsoft Office networking experience to include understanding TCP/IP and DNS, Active Directory and Exchange
- Are an excellent communicator, are highly motivated and have excellent customer services skills with the ability to work with all levels of staff
- Are willing and able to support operations and work necessary hours to complete critical work and/or troubleshooting and work in a call center environment that requires sitting for extended periods of time and solve problems over the phone during the assigned work hours. If selected, you will be subject to a motor vehicle record review.
- Are able to obtain Secret level security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You 'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- Possess a Bachelor 's degree in an IT-related field
- Have 2+ years ' experience in a call center environment and using system management tools such as Symantec Ghost Solution Suite
- Have software experience with Desktop remote control tools and Windows 10, Macintosh, and iOS
- Possess any of the following certifications: ITIL, Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer for Windows (MCSE), Apple Certified Macintosh Technician (ACMT), HDI Support Analyst.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, occupation, marital or familial status, political opinion, personal appearance, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. APL is committed to promoting an innovative environment that embraces diversity, encourages creativity, and supports inclusion of new ideas. In doing so, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including those with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in any part of the hiring process, please contact Accommodations@jhuapl.edu. Only by ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard are we empowered to be bold, do great things, and make the world a better place.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*