This job has Expired
IT Field Services Technician
Do you desire to be part of a hardworking, dynamic IT support team that is passionate about helping people solve IT problems?
Are you keenly interested in technology and looking for an environment that offers training, coaching and mentoring opportunities for career growth?
If so, we 're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL!
We are seeking an IT Field Services Technician to help us support the information technology needs of the nation 's leading university affiliated research center. You will be working with engineers, scientists and business professionals that are addressing critical challenges of our nation.
We ranked as one of Computerworld 's Top Places to Work in IT 5 years running and are wanting to add bright, dedicated hardworking technicians to our group.
As an IT Field Services Technician ...
- Your main responsibility will be to provide onsite IT support services for customers to include incident response, delivery and system set-up of new & repaired computers along with installation of additional hardware, software and peripherals, driving APL vehicles as necessary. You will work on primarily Microsoft Windows, Macintosh and Linux systems.
- You will research, analyze, diagnose and resolve issues with customer systems including computer hardware & software, peripheral equipment, and networks using documented processes where available and best practices where not. Perform computer imaging including software & hardware validation and pre-delivery testing.
- You will record and create documentation and assist in other teams areas as needed.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Have a Bachelor 's degree; or in lieu of a degree, at least 4 years of a combination of education and relevant IT-related work experience.
- Possess the ability to solve and resolve technical problems for users, to independently resolve widely varying sophisticated problems using current job knowledge, research and external resources.
- Have hardware experience to include Intel based desktops, laptops, and printers. Operating System (OS) experience to include Windows and Mac OS. Networking experience to include solid understanding of TCP/IP and DNS and an understanding of Active Directory and Exchange.
- Are an excellent communicator, are highly motivated and have a strong customer focus with the ability to collaborate with all levels of staff.
- Are willing and able to support and work the necessary hours to finish critical work, routinely drive APL vehicles on and off campus, have the ability to do long walking on a routine basis, and be willing to occasionally (less than 5%) travel within or outside of Maryland. The selected candidate must possess a valid driver 's license and will undergo a motor vehicle records check.
- Have the ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Are able to obtain a Secret level security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You 'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- Possess a Bachelor 's Degree in an IT-related field.
- Possess enterprise level experience with Linux, Windows 10, Mac13.2 and/or iOS.
- Possess certifications: ITIL, A+, Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer for Windows (MCSE), Apple Certified Macintosh Technician (ACMT), HDI Support Analyst.
- Have software experience with Desktop remote control tools, the ability to troubleshoot Linux operating systems and/or 2-4 years of experience with system management tools such as Altiris.
Why work at APL?
While the Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory brings world-class expertise to a broad range of challenges, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, innovation ecosystem where you can feel safe to share ideas and to continue to grow personally and professionally. At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas and have earned Best Places to Work accolades in outlets such as Fast Companies and Glassdoor.
Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL’s campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, occupation, marital or familial status, political opinion, personal appearance, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. APL is committed to promoting an innovative environment that embraces diversity, encourages creativity, and supports inclusion of new ideas. In doing so, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including those with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in any part of the hiring process, please contact Accommodations@jhuapl.edu. Only by ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard are we empowered to be bold, do great things, and make the world a better place.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*