This job has Expired
Are you someone that enjoys working in a highly collaborative, dynamic environment? Do you have strong communication, organizational and analytical skills? Are attention to detail, accuracy and effective partnering important to you?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
We are seeking a Contract Analyst to support the contract administration function within the Business, Construction and Facilities Department (BCFD), Contracts & Asset Management Group. You will serve as an interface between APL program/financial managers and government UARC and Contracting Staff, and manage activities for a portfolio of complex government task order contracts.
As a Contract Analyst, you will...
- Develop an excellent working rapport with APL Sector/Departmental staff, and assisting them with the contract process.
- Maintain task status in JHU/APL Business Systems; coordinate with Financial Managers (FMs) as needed
- Assist with the processing of contractual task assignment documentation (new tasks and administrative revisions), to include: i) updating business systems ii) submitting endorsed task and cost support as required to Government counterparts iii) uploading documentation into Government systems
- Distribute subcertification notifications for new task orders and prepare certification documentation for Section Supervisor’s signature
- Assist with the review of task order packages for missing information
- Routinely communicate and follow-up with APL Program Teams and Government counterparts for missing documentation
- Assist with the entering of both new and incremental funds into APL Business Systems
- Assist with internal Deficit Spend Requests
- Assist with the monitoring of APL and Government systems
- Assist with creating order package documentation and upload into Government system to support task order processing
- Interact with UARC Management Office/NAVSEA Contracts for missing documents, identify corrections to orders
- Process executed orders, new, incremental, and short revisions for PoP extensions, as appropriate
- Maintain task order files
- Back-up other analysts as needed
- Other duties as assigned
We are looking for someone who is forward thinking and thinks strategically to offer process improvements related to business practices, systems and tools aimed at increasing efficiency, productivity, and flexibility.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Possess a High School Diploma or Bachelor's degree in Business or related field.
- Have experience reviewing and processing contracts and/or legal documents.
- Have the ability to work 2-3 days per week at the Washington Navy Yard
- Have proficient MS Word and Excel skills.
- Can multi-task, meet tight deadlines, and independently solve problems.
- Have strong communication skills
- Are able to form close and effective partnerships.
- Are able to obtain a Secret level security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field
- Possess a Secret level security clearance
- Have a practical understanding of the Federal Acquisition Regulation, and other agency specific regulations.
- Experience with APL’s Enterprise Business Support Systems
- Experience with the Navy and Navy Systems
- Experience with University Affiliated Research Centers
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation’s most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL’s campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at http://www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, occupation, marital or familial status, political opinion, personal appearance, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
APL is committed to promoting an innovative environment that embraces diversity, encourages creativity, and supports inclusion of new ideas. In doing so, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including those with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in any part of the hiring process, please contact Accommodations@jhuapl.edu. Only by ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard are we empowered to be bold, do great things, and make the world a better place.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*