This job has Expired
Sous Chef - North Dining Hall (Full Time)
Job TitleSous Chef - North Dining Hall (Full Time)
What makes UEE special?
The mission of University Enterprises and Events (UEE) is to enrich the journey of friends and family in celebrating the spirit of Notre Dame. We encourage a culture that is committed to diversity and inclusion, well-being, and professional development and growth. In addition to supporting the University’s core values (Accountability, Integrity, Teamwork, Leadership in Excellence & Leadership in Mission), we also celebrate our division values of: Joy, Inclusion, Trust, Empowerment, Humility and Kindness with a strong focus on investing in our people and enhancing the employee experience.
Why this position?
This position is responsible and accountable for assisting the executive chef with all culinary aspects of a Notre Dame Campus Dining student dining hall ensuring all financial, human resource, marketing, facilities, programmatic, dietary and operating systems meet all established targets. This position reports to the executive chef and is a member of the Dining Hall Leadership Team supporting the mission and goals of a “Best in Class” dining program. As a culinary leader in a dynamic dining hall operation, the Sous Chef will oversee daily operations of the dining hall kitchen including culinary management of all phases of food ordering, preparation, production and inventory control; maintaining standards of service and hospitality; ensuring best-in-class management, staffing and training levels, especially as it relates to talent and training/professional development of kitchen staff; promoting safety and compliance in the workplace and in food safety and sanitation; assisting operations management with all phases of administration and oversight; maintenance of physical plant and equipment; and is accountable for meeting all financial and metric goals, targets and expectations. Outside of the kitchen, the Sous Chef may be responsible for staff scheduling, food purchasing, and, have a hand in apprenticeship development schemes as well. The job of Sous Chef involves significant responsibility, as the Sous Chef must be able to lead other kitchen workers, remain organized and professional, and report vital information to the executive chef. If there are times when the executive chef is not present, the Sous Chef assumes all responsibilities normally assigned to the executive chef.
UEE Commitments to a Diverse and Inclusive Culture
- Associate’s Degree or up to 2 years of college or technical school certified apprenticeship program
- 3-4 years experience working in all culinary stations, in a full service menu professional kitchen
- Understanding of and strong commitment to the role of community dining in support of the University’s residential mission
- 3 to 4 years of experience working all culinary stations in a full service menu kitchen
- Must have good leadership skills and the propensity to engage with the team and promote a safe work environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with a diverse group of staff
- Effective planning, organizing, and time management skills
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems
- Experience in staff management within the context of a diverse and inclusive environment
- ACF Sous-Chef, ServSafe, Aller-Train and National Restaurant Association Sanitation Certification (must be obtained within 6 months of hire)
- Working knowledge of University Dining Program business systems (CBORD, FMS, LeanPath, NetNutrition, Banner, etc.) as well as budget development processes, accounting practices applied to purchasing and inventory, and cost control methods
- Strategies for food, labor, and other operating expense, and profit & loss responsibilities
DepartmentFood Services North Dining Hall (55065)
Family / Sub-FamilyAuxiliary Svcs & Hotel / Food Svcs
Career Stream/LevelM 1 Supervisor
Department Hiring Pay Rangeup to $60k commensurate with experience
FLSA StatusS1 - FT Exempt
Schedule: # of months12
Job Posting Date (Campus)08/30/2023
Job Posting Date (Public)08/30/2023
Job Closing Date09/29/2023
Posting TypeOpen To All Applicants
Quick Link for Internal Postingshttps://jobs.nd.edu/postings/31942
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*