This job has Expired
Banquets Manager - Morris Inn
Job TitleBanquets Manager - Morris Inn
Why this position?
As a leader within the Notre Dame Hospitality community, you will be able to enjoy highly competitive medical benefits, the opportunity of access to priceless education, and team member vacation packages that are unmatched in the food and beverage and hotel industry. We are seeking a team member that will join us, roll up their sleeves and take charge of a team that is committed to providing world class service. This leader will be in charge of overseeing the daily food and beverage operations with a focus on banquets to ensure that the expectations of our valued guests are exceeded, and that our team members thrive in their environment. A Banquet Manager is responsible for managing all banquets and events assigned in the hotel, meeting rooms, and elsewhere on the campus as needed, to deliver an excellent guest and team member experience while optimizing sales, evaluating performance, and ensuring staffing levels meet demand.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all Banquets/Events / review Event orders, and prepare well in advance
- Maintain exceptional levels of guest service / Conduct pre-event meetings with staff
- Evaluate guest satisfaction levels with a focus on continuous improvement
- Propose ideas to build the range and quality of Conference and Banqueting operations
- Optimize sales and contain costs, identifying any areas for action
- Maintain good communication and work relationships in all hotel areas, with campus partners and departments, and with external customers and suppliers
- Ensure staffing levels meet business demands
- Ensure training is carried out on an ongoing basis •
- Ensure communication meetings are conducted and post meeting minutes generated
- Manage staff performance issues in compliance with University policies and procedures
- Manage payroll, tip processes, and the tendering of sales into POS
- Review banquet event set-up and execution to assure contract compliance, and service standards are being realized, or surpassed.
- Recruit, manage, train and develop the banquet captains, servers, and set-up teams
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health, safety, and alcohol regulations / legislation
What makes UEE special?
The mission of University Enterprises and Events (UEE) is to enrich the journey of friends and family in celebrating the spirit of Notre Dame. We encourage a culture that is committed to diversity and inclusion, well-being, and professional development and growth. In addition to supporting the University’s core values (Accountability, Integrity, Teamwork, Leadership in Excellence & Leadership in Mission), we also celebrate our division values of: Joy, Inclusion, Trust, Empowerment, Humility and Kindness with a strong focus on investing in our people and enhancing the employee experience.
To treat every person with dignity and respect
To value our cultural differences
To harness the strength of our diversity
To commit ourselves to the mission of equality for all
To be diligent in our efforts to listen, learn, and grow with one another
Experience: At least 5 years of Food and Beverage supervision or management required, with experience of leading a robust team of employees
DepartmentHotel Retail Outlets (55021)
Family / Sub-FamilyAuxiliary Svcs & Hotel / Food Svcs
Career Stream/LevelM 1 Supervisor
Department Hiring Pay Rangeup to $60k commensurate with experience
FLSA StatusS1 - FT Exempt
Schedule: # of months12
Job Posting Date (Campus)09/19/2023
Job Posting Date (Public)09/19/2023
Job Closing Date10/05/2023
Posting TypeOpen To All Applicants
Quick Link for Internal Postingshttps://jobs.nd.edu/postings/32056
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*