Executive Assistant to the Vice President of Student Services
The Executive Assistant Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- To perform all secretarial/reception duties of the office. Among these are reception, telephone, correspondence, purchase orders, office supply inventory, appointments calendar, and the general calendar for Student Services;
- To prepare travel requests, requisitions, etc., for the Office of the Vice President for Student Services, Dean of Students and Enrollment Services, as needed;
- To assist with data collection as may be required;
- To maintain and collect, correlate and handle correspondence of programs which are peculiar to the office of the Vice President for Student Services;
- To assist with the preparation of budget forms within the areas of Student Services and Food Service and monitor those budgets within the framework of the office of the Vice President for Student Services;
- To coordinate ER&R and BR&R requests for all Student Services departments.
- To coordinate meetings, provide recorder services, and maintain records for various committees, including the Student Services Supervisors meeting, Housing/Maintenance/Athletics meeting, Orientation meetings, Student Drug & Alcohol Task force meetings, and all disciplinary meetings; Provide backup secretarial coverage for all Student Services departments as needed as well as backup coverage for VPI and President when their assistants are absent;
- Prepare fund requests, correlate scholarships, maintain budget, and prepare reports for Kornegay Scholarships;
- Assist with development and updates for Student Services' publications which include, but are not limited to, college catalog, student handbook, brochures, and student right to know information;
- Prepare VP honor roll letters each semester
- Prepare reports and key requests as needed for Student Services area
- May serve on various campus committees as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Nothing contained herein shall limit the President in assigning the employee to any of the various college activities for which he/she would be qualified in order to meet the needs of New Mexico Junior College.
- Associate degree is highly desirable and/or a minimum of three to five years of related administrative experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
This is a twelve-month non-exempt position. Standard benefits apply. The full pay range for this position is $21.73 to $31.66
Submit NMJC application form via the NMJC website (www.nmjc.edu) letter of application (cover letter), resume, unofficial transcripts (official transcripts required prior to employment), and three references with current addresses and telephone numbers.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*