Executive Director, MD Connect Workday Consortium
Functional Title:Executive Director, MD Connect Workday Consortium
Category Status:33-Exempt Regular
Applicant Search Category:Staff
University Authorized FTE:1.0
Unit:USMO-All University System of Maryland Office Units
Offers of employment are contingent on completion of a background check. Information reported by the background check will not automatically disqualify you from employment.
Position Summary/Purpose of Position:
Manages the daily Workday Human Resources and Finance functions:
- Leads a team of outsourced and insourced resources to achieve operational and financial excellence.
- Establishes goals, structures, and processes for staff in alignment with the institution’s long-term strategic plan and vision and short-term priorities.
- Develops and manages the Workday service center operations in support of enterprise risk management and other key performance indicators.
- Leads the Service Manager in managing operations in accordance with service level agreements and establishing governance processes.
Provides Workday Product Ownership and Vision:
- Provides overall product management and accountability for delivery of solutions for new capabilities in the Workday platform.
- Develops and monitors product roadmap and key performance indicators, identifies improvement opportunities, and ensures regulatory and policy compliance.
- Delivers solutions that are long-term, large scale, and require consideration of risk management.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvement, automation, and enhanced data analysis using Workday ERP capabilities.
Partners with MD Connect Consortium:
- Works with the governing board to develop strategy, roadmaps, prioritization, and implementation of future products supporting the consortium.
- Works with campus stakeholders and user community to identify and scope process and system improvement.
- Oversees and facilitates the governance groups to ensure smooth release life cycle, enhancement reviews, testing and quality assurance.
Manages Vendors & Contracts:
- Implements Vendor Relationship Management for ERP products that drive service excellence, control costs, and mitigate risks.
- Acts as the primary liaison between the consortium and Workday ERP vendor, fostering a strong partnership and staying informed about product updates and roadmap.
- Manages relationship with the Vendor team, ensuring vendors are held accountable.
- Responsible for managing vendor budgets and performance.
Benefits SummaryTop Benefits and Perks:
- Strong understanding of ERP technology language and use of applications.
- Leadership, coaching, and team building skills to strengthen and cultivate relationships.
- Ability to deploy customer service strategies and lead by example.
- Proven project management skills, with the ability to lead cross-functional teams and drive change.
- Strong understanding of HR, Finance, and other business functions supported by Workday or other equivalent ERP.
- Ability to exercise a high level of diplomacy, confidentiality, and trust.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate clearly and concisely across technology and business teams.
- Ability to clearly define business challenges and identify technical and business changes required to address them.
- Ability to drive decision making through a consensus-building approach.
- Project management certification.
- Workday certification(s) in relevant modules (e.g., HCM, Financials)
- Experience with a single tenant multi-company Workday configuration.
Does this position require a background investigation: No.
Salary Range: $200,000 – $225,000
Open Until FilledYes
Best Consideration Date08/25/2023
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*