This job has Expired
Academic Advancement Director, College of Science
Job TitleAcademic Advancement Director, College of Science
- The leaders, faculty, and staff of the individual unit
- Development fundraisers
- University donors
- Leadership and other staff of the Department of Development.
- Proactively build, develop, and manage a proposal pipeline;
- Develop formal proposals to be presented to donors; and
- Advance proposals from inception to conclusion.
- Identify growth priorities for the Unit;
- Develop and confirm funding needs; and
- Assist in development of growth plans that will facilitate fundraising and donor engagement.
- With Development fundraisers, identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward fundraising prospects with capacity and inclination to make leadership level gifts.
- Develop messaging, packaging, and engagement content related to the College of Science priorities, especially for opportunities to collaborate with fundraisers to identify existing and potential future donors to funding priorities and sponsors of unit specific and interdisciplinary research opportunities.
- Advance within the areas of focus a culture of philanthropy and awareness of Development’s expectations, policies, processes, and procedures through formal and informal engagement of the the units
- Together with peer Academic Advancement Directors and the For Good Administration team, identify, develop, confirm, and articulate messaging, packaging, and engagement around major initiatives that are understood and promotable by fundraisers.
- Develop a vision for the College of Science that is consistent with the mission of Notre Dame in collaboration with the units you serve and other stakeholders that is understandable and promotable by fundraisers, resonating with non-academic external constituents of the University.
- Develop and execute a plan to ensure effective stewardship and compliance of donors to the College of Science, and respond promptly and effectively to donor relations issues as and when they emerge.
- Comfortable in a performance driven, transparent, accountable culture where goal achievement is highly valued
- Evidence of effective collaboration across teams with diverse interests, experiences, backgrounds, and goals
- Sales and / or brand management experience preferred
- Knowledge of the role of philanthropy at universities. Record of success in translating complexity into clear ideas and effective communication.
- Experience and record of success in writing and speaking clearly and persuasively
- Evidence of ability to gain trust of leadership, and convince others to work for your interests
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree (4 years)
- 5 to 6 years of experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite / Google collaboration suite, and able to quickly assimilate to proprietary and new technology
- Ability to use existing and identify new technologies to improve efficiency and effectiveness
DepartmentDevelopment-Academic Adv. SRD (22009)
Family / Sub-FamilyExternal Relations / Academic Advance
Career Stream/LevelEIC 3 Specialist
Department Hiring Pay RangeUp to $115,000 commensurate with experience
FLSA StatusS1 - FT Exempt
Schedule: # of months12
Job Posting Date (Campus)09/18/2023
Job Posting Date (Public)09/18/2023
Job Closing Date10/16/2023
Posting TypeOpen To All Applicants
Quick Link for Internal Postingshttps://jobs.nd.edu/postings/32144
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*