This job has Expired
Instructor, Nursing (Nursing Skills Lab Coordinator)
Job TitleInstructor, Nursing (Nursing Skills Lab Coordinator)
Tenure InformationTenure Track
Pay Rate (or Annual Salary)$79,804 - $115,062/annual
Job LocationChabot College, 25555 Hesperian Blvd., Hayward, CA 94545
DepartmentHealth, Kinesiology and Athletics
The positions report directly to the Division Dean.
The Chabot College Community
The Chabot Nursing Program has been open for over 50 years and in that time, the college has graduated over two thousand Registered Nurses that are working both locally and across the United States. We proudly boast an NCLEX-RN pass rate of 95-100% for over the last 10 years and were ranked the #1 Program in California in both 2020 and 2021 for the Annual Nursing School Program rankings list by RegisteredNursing.org.
Serving our diverse community requires a culturally-responsive approach that recognizes the myriad strengths and assets that our students bring to the campus community. We do so by promoting a classroom and co-curricular learning environment that is inclusive, collaborative, engaging, and challenging, and where respect, dignity, and integrity are core values. We see students as producers of knowledge, not just consumers of knowledge. We work to reframe inequities as a problem of practice, and view the elimination of inequities as an individual and institutional responsibility.
Joining Our College Community
We seek equity-minded applicants who demonstrate they understand the benefits diversity brings to an educational community. We look for applicants who:
1. Value and intentionally promote diversity and consciousness of difference
2. Demonstrate cultural humility and an ongoing desire to improve cultural competence
3. Are dedicated to addressing issues of social justice
4. Accept their shared role and responsibility in addressing opportunity and achievement gaps experienced by students
5. Have experience and success in closing student equity gaps and engaging in equitable practices, or are knowledgeable and enthusiastic about implementing practices that achieve these goals
6. Actively seek to identify, disrupt, and remove institutional and/or systemic barriers that adversely impact historically marginalized communities
7. Empower the underrepresented and underserved
8. Foster students’ potential to become global citizens and socially responsible leaders
9. Believe that all people have the right to an education and work environment free from fear, harassment, or discrimination.
2. Maintain currency in the field of medical surgical nursing, and application of QSEN.
13. Prepare and grade class assignments and evaluations based on nursing program standards.
17. Coordinate hours of student use of skills labs: post skills lab availability hours and ensure that sufficient time is available and students are checked off using standardized criteria.
20. Order, maintain, and provide security for supplies, materials, and equipment at assigned lab; receive, assemble, and test new equipment; maintain, clean, and test equipment; arrange for repairs and replacement as necessary; inventory materials and equipment; store, discard, and rotate material according to procedures.
23. As directed by faculty, tutor and assist students needing remediation or makeup; notify nursing faculty of difficulties students may be experiencing with regards to skills; provide updates on student progress.
24. Tutor students in math for medications; maintain practice math for medication quizzes and worksheet with keys for student use; prepare, administer, and grade math challenge and other exams for advanced standing students.
25. Instruct topics as assigned, prepare associated materials.
26. Assist in the preparation of the simulation lab for scenario development and training of students.
Minimum Education and Experience
2. Associate Degree in Nursing or higher degree from an accredited college or university with 6 years of recent clinical experience or Bachelors of Nursing with 2 years recent clinical experience.
a. Degrees in Progress: To be conferred on or before January 1, 2024 will be considered, provided that the applicant also submits (1) an up-to-date transcript, (2) a photocopy of the degree requirement from the school catalog, and (3) proof of current course(s) and enrollment. Please provide your explanation and background material by using the optional document upload called “Other Document”. If you are unable to upload the above, please upload a document in its place and state you will be sending the documents to the Office of Human Resources, 7600 Dublin Boulevard, 3rd Floor, Dublin, CA 94568, by 5:00 p.m. (PST) on the closing date.
3. Completion of at least one year’s experience teaching courses related to medical surgical nursing clinical practice and experience in assisting and evaluating students in a clinical skills lab.
4. Applicant shall hold a valid, active license issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing. Required to upload a copy of the license front and back.
5. Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider CPR Card. Required to upload a copy of the signed card, front and back.
6. Current immunization records for PPD, Titer reports for MMR, Varicella, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C. Immunization record for TdaP. N95 mask fit test as required by area hospitals.
You will be required to upload your transcripts. You must upload all applicable transcripts, credentials and/or certificates required to meet minimum qualifications for the position for which you are applying. Any degrees earned outside the United States must have an official US evaluation (course by course) of the transcripts and must be submitted with the application. In the case that the file you are uploading is too large or you do not have your transcripts readily available, please upload a document in place of stating you will be sending the documents to the Office of Human Resources, 7600 Dublin Boulevard, 3rd Floor, Dublin, CA 94568, or by fax (925) 485-5254, by 5:00 p.m. (PST) on the closing date.
Degrees in Progress: To be conferred on or before January 1, 2024 will be considered, provided that the applicant also submits (1) an up-to-date transcript, (2) a photocopy of the degree requirement from the school catalog, and (3) proof of current course(s) and enrollment. Please provide your explanation and background material by using the optional document upload called “Other Document”. If you are unable to upload the above, please upload a document in its place and state you will be sending the documents to the Office of Human Resources, 7600 Dublin Boulevard, 3rd Floor, Dublin, CA 94568, by 5:00 p.m. (PST) on the closing date.
Applicants applying under the “Equivalent provision” must provide details that explain at time of application how their academic preparation is the equivalent of the degree listed above. Please provide your explanation by using the optional document upload called “Equivalency Statement”.
2. Experience teaching undergraduate course related to nursing skills and procedures;
3. Knowledge of major theoretical frameworks with preference to having experience and/or familiarity with the application of the Roy Adaptation Model;
4. Demonstrate respect for the rights and needs of students;
5. Demonstrate respect for staff, colleagues, and the teaching profession;
6. Communicates effectively, both in written and oral form.
7. Current in the field and application of QSEN;
8. Experience with simulation;
9. Equivalent experience and /or education as determined by the Board of Registered Nursing.
Job Work Schedule
Physical Demands and Working Environment
INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES WHO ARE UNABLE TO CARRY OUT THE PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES OF THE POSITION WILL RECEIVE REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS TO ENABLE THEM TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION.
Open Until FilledYes
Special Instructions to Applicants
Any subsequent updates can be found here: http://districtazure.clpccd.org/urgentalerts/index.php.
Notification to Applicants
Instructions for Personal Qualifications Statement
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*