Adjunct- Professor, Ethnic Studies
Salary: $69.00 - $73.00 Hourly
Location: San Bernardino Valley College and/or Crafton Hills College, CA
Department: Social Science
Job Number: 2324-01264
This posting is to establish a pool of qualified applicants for the 2022-2023 academic year for positions at Crafton Hills College and San Bernardino Valley College.
The department may not be actively recruiting. Your application will remain on file for consideration until June 30, 2023. Should the department be interested in interviewing you, you will be contacted by the department with the information provided in your application.
Part-time faculty position teaching courses in Ethnic Studies.
Adjuncts hired to teach for Spring 2023 and Fall 2023
Master's in Ethnic Studies Field
A master's in American Studies/Ethnicity, Latino
Studies, La Raza Studies, Central American Studies,
Latin American Studies, Cross Cultural Studies, Race
and Ethnic Relations, Asian-American Studies, or
OR see Interdisciplinary Studies
OR the equivalent. *Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements outlined in the posting may submit an Equivalency Request. The Equivalency Request and any additional supporting documents an applicant wishes to be considered must be attached. To download the Equivalency Request Form click here (Download PDF reader).
Experience that indicates a sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical and learning disabilities.
Experience teaching Ethnic Studies courses at the college level.
To be considered a qualified applicant, interested persons must submit ALL of the following documents:
1. Completed San Bernardino Community College District online application. (Do not state "See Resume" on the application form.) Determination of applicants meeting minimum requirements will be based upon information provided in the SBCCD application. Resumes will be reviewed by the committee only after information satisfying minimum requirements have been listed in the SBCCD application. Paper applications will not be accepted. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
2. A resume summarizing your educational and professional experience.
3. A cover letter explaining how your experience and background demonstrates that you meet the minimum requirements for the position stated in the posting.
4. Teaching Philosophy of your beliefs about teaching and learning. The statement or description should include examples of how you put your beliefs into practice by including concrete examples of what you do or anticipate doing in the classroom.
5. Unofficial transcripts that show you meet the minimum educational requirement(s) for the position. Only transcripts showing the awarded minimum required degree or higher degree will be accepted. Transcripts must be legible. Transcripts must be from a US accredited institution. Transcripts from outside the US must include an official evaluation for equivalency. Copies of diplomas will not be accepted in lieu of transcripts if the position requires a degree. Official Transcripts will be required upon hire. If possible, please highlight the area indicating the degree name/major and date the degree was awarded or conferred.
All interested parties must apply through the SBCCD employment website to be considered a qualified applicant.
To apply, visit: https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/sbccd/jobs/4194483/adjunct-professor-ethnic-studies
The San Bernardino Community College District is an equal opportunity employer. The District encourages applications from underrepresented minorities and the disabled.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*