This job has Expired
Mathematics - Tenure Track Faculty
Sinclair seeks to attract an academically and culturally diverse faculty that carries out the mission of the college with dedication, innovation and a commitment to the success of each student. The Science, Mathematics & Engineering Division at Sinclair is currently seeking candidates for a tenure track opening in the Mathematics Department effective January 2024.
The following are six critical performance areas that define a tenure-track faculty position:
- Scholarship and Professional Growth : Maintain and seek to improve currency and competence in the discipline and as a teacher.
- Teaching and Learning Facilitation: Participate in the continuing development and implementation of the department’s curriculum through teaching that reflects a strong commitment to fostering student success.
- Assessment and Evaluation: Implement evaluations according to established standards and use assessment data to continuously improve teaching and learning.
- Student Development: Through in-class and out-of-class initiatives, actively seek to advance the development of individual students and their capacity to meet their educational goals.
- Curriculum Design: In collaboration with colleagues, actively contribute to the continuous review and revision of the department’s curriculum.
- Workplace and Community Service: Contribute to the operation and advancement of the college through committee service and other activities. Extend professional expertise to the community served by the college.
- A minimum of a master’s degree in mathematics or statistics OR a master’s degree plus at least 18 graduate hours in mathematics or statistics by the closing date of the position
- Evidence of successful prior teaching experience required
- A demonstrated commitment to improving student learning through innovative strategies shown to help students succeed at the course and program level
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, and the capacity to work successfully in a culturally diverse college community
- Must possess demonstrated skills in using modern educational technology, including multimedia-based instruction
A contract for employment will not be issued without receiving official transcripts for all post-secondary degrees and successful completion of a background check.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*