Early Childhood Center Director
Family Development Services is a Non-Profit Organization headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, that is responsible for supporting the largest Headstart program in the state of Indiana. With 10 locations, Family Development Services provides services across the greater Indianapolis area.
The Headstart program provides critical foundational education for Early Childhood students. In addition to Early Headstart and Preschool programming, programs with Family Development Services also include essential wrap around services to provide a higher quality of life for children and their families.
The Center Director serves as the operation lead for the center, ensuring compliance with all programs policies/procedures and Head Start, licensing or other regulations.
- Ensure full implementation of all aspects of the Head Start Program's early learning system, policies/procedures, and tools with the goal of supporting all children to achieve School Readiness goals.
- Center Director coordinates with Family Advocates to ensure full implementation of family services and parent involvement.
- Supervise and manage center staff to ensure completion of all human resources activities and ensure compliance with relevant policies and procedures.
- Serve as operational lead for the center, ensuring compliance with all programs.
- Authorizes purchases of instructional and teaching materials. Reviews and monitors facility budget.
- Implement all monitoring systems required by FDS, Headstart, child care licensing FACFP, or other agencies, including daily visual checks of indoor and outdoor safety. Monthly or quarterly completion of health and safety monitoring too.
- Center Director actively leads and participates in the Head Start community, including staff meetings, mandated training, committee meetings, and other program-wide functions as needed, including some evening activities.
- Daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly MBI, MBO reporting
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent degree with 36 credit hours of ECE coursework (Preferred)
- 2+ Years of Classroom/Teaching/ Education Experience (Preferred)
- Experience Managing an Infant/Toddler or preschool Program (Preferred)
- Ability to obtain certification in CPR and First Aid
- Ability to exert a minimum of 50lbs of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects unassisted
- Ability to use critical thinking skills and use good judgement
- Strong Office 365 Skills (Excel, Word, Outlook)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 - $52,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Indianapolis, IN: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)
Work Location: In person
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*