This job has Expired
*Administrative Assistant III - Advising, Counseling & Support Services and Enrollment Services
- Position Summary
The Division of Student Services is recruiting for a full-time Administrative Assistant III to work in Advising, Counseling & Support Services and Enrollment Services. This position is responsible for providing support to these two highly active departments in the delivery of student centered support services. This position maintains oversight of student workers, coordinating individual and group campus tours, and responding to student inquiries while fostering an environment of exceptional customer service. This position assists in coordination and preparation of fiscal records, as well as providing support of Signature Events and department activities.
Victoria College embraces equity and inclusion and has been a respected community partner in the Crossroads region since 1925 and continues to offer quality, affordable educational opportunities to help our students achieve their dreams.
Victoria has a low cost of living with easy access to the Gulf of Mexico, Houston, Austin, and San Antonio.
This position is benefits eligible. For more information on Victoria College's excellent benefits package, click the benefits tab.
- Duties & Responsibilities
- Interview, hire, train, and supervise student workers; create schedules and validate time sheets
- Coordinate conference and travel requirements
- Coordinate, prepare, and file required fiscal documents as appropriate while following institutional guidelines and procedures
- Prepare, organize and file expenditures and expense reports
- Assist with various enrollment and retention efforts
- Execute departmental purchases within fiscal guidelines
- Perform office duties such as answering phones, responding to online chats, appointment scheduling, processing of mail, data entry, room scheduling and maintain office inventory, submit service tickets to Maintenance and Technology Departments
- Organize, respond to or disseminate inquiry requests received via email, website, events or through mail
- Schedule meetings and keep minutes for Pre-College & Recruitment and Advising & Counseling Directors and staff as needed
- Assist with efforts for the Community Connection Center and JP’s market
- Maintain Departments and Veterans Affairs Budget through detailed fiscal spreadsheets
- Schedule individual and group campus visits; reserve rooms and coordinate meals when requested
- Assist with requesting and maintain data from various service area school districts
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Directors of Advising & Counseling; Enrollment Services and/or Vice President of Student Services
- Associate Degree required or four years of administrative experience in lieu of the degree
- Three years administrative experience required
- English proficiency, Spanish preferred
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills
- Friendly and professional attitude and good interpersonal skills
- Experience in working with diverse populations
- Clear understanding of the mission of community colleges
- Strong organizational skills and ability to establish and meet timelines
- Team player who is dependable, punctual, organized, and detail oriented
- Ability to work with little supervision and to exercise independent judgment and discretion
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle controls, key pads, etc. Will be required to sit and reach with hands and arms as well as, sit, stand and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds while loading event supplies, booth equipment, office supplies and paper. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, some color vision, and the ability to adjust focus from documents to computer screen. Hearing of light to moderate sound is required by this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*