Purdue Global Adjunct Faculty RQ, Accounting
The School of Business and Information Technology has an opening for Adjunct Faculty member RQ in the Accounting program.
Purdue University Global offers term by term, non-tenured teaching appointments to qualified individuals who are dedicated to providing quality educational experiences to students in Associates, Bachelors and Masters degree programs. This position offers an excellent opportunity for individuals to work in a professional learning community wherein faculty contribute to and engage in instructional best practice for adult learners in an innovative, nontraditional university setting.
What to expect in this role:
- Providing a learning environment that supports student success.
- Teaching synchronous or asynchronous seminars (10 or 6 week units) as assigned by school or program.
- Maintaining school-determined virtual office hours per week for each class.
- Ensuring timely management and response to electronic correspondence from students, administrators, and other school officials.
- Leading message board discussions and engaging students in relevant discussion and coursework.
- Partnering with Academic Advisors to address student concerns.
- Maintaining and submitting accurate and timely reports for student grades/progress.
- Delivering mid-term and final grades in accordance with the academic calendar.
- Enforcing student conduct policies as outlined in the University Catalog.
- Attending university, departmental, and faculty meetings as requested.
- Remain current with trends, techniques, and advances in distance learning.
- Additional duties as assigned by the School.
- Doctoral degree in Accounting or related field from a regionally accredited institution and 18+ graduate credit hours in discipline area.
- Experience in the discipline area required.
- Two to four years related experience and/or training (online teaching experience is a plus).
What we’re looking for:
- Exceptional computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite, Google applications and Adobe Connect meeting technology. Experience with Brightspace education software is preferred.
- Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills, and with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work effectively in a remote environment with minimal supervision.
- School of Business: Adjunct compensation varies per course based on student enrollment, program type and also includes a contribution to a retirement account. A typical adjunct in the School of Business can expect to receive $2600 per full 10-week course. Research qualified (RQ) status will receive additional compensation for full or high-enrollment courses. Retirement account benefits include an automatic 403(b) company contribution of 3% and a company match up to an additional 4% with participation in an optional 457(b) plan.
- Purdue University Global will not sponsor employment authorization for this position.
- A background check will be required for employment in this position.
- When applying for a faculty position at Purdue University Global you will be asked to provide an unofficial transcript and if hired will be required to provide an official transcript.
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime)
- Purdue Global is proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Our goal is to recruit and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We celebrate the diversity of thought, backgrounds, and skills necessary to support an inclusive environment. Employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. All individuals are encouraged to apply.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*