Psychologist, Assistant Director of Community Programming
What We Are Looking For
Baylor University is seeking an Assistant Director of Community Programming for their Counseling Center. This position will support the mission of the university by providing leadership and oversight in the areas of intercultural engagement, community programming, and outreach services. They will also support the training program with clinical supervision and provide students with individual, couple, and group counseling, psychotherapy, crisis intervention, and outreach programming.
A Master’s degree, three years of relevant work experience, and an active Christian faith are required. A Doctoral degree and five years of relevant work experience are preferred.
All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
What You Will Do
- Serves on the Leadership Team.
- Planning, implementation, and oversight of BUCC Intercultural Engagement efforts in accordance with the mission and vision of the Division of Student Life, and the BUCC Leadership.
- Facilitates the Community Programming Committee.
- Oversight of BUCC Outreach programming, including the administrative supervision for the Coordinator of Outreach.
- Provides administrative supervision for licensed staff.
- Provides clinical supervision to doctoral interns, postdoctoral fellows, practicum students, and other trainees as necessary.
- Planning, implementation, and oversight of regular monthly dialogue within the Counseling Center around intercultural engagement.
- Planning, implementation, and oversight of seasonal trainings on topics of culture and mental health for BUCC, and wider campus community.
- Develops and enhances campus partnerships.
- Works with the Training Program leadership to support intern and practicum trainings around intercultural engagement.
- Serves on University-wide intercultural engagement related committees.
- Ensures the regular updates of BUCC Intercultural Engagement materials and resources.
- Provides clinical services, training programming, and outreach presentations per current BUCC Guidelines for this role.
- Perform all other duties as assigned to support Baylor’s mission.
- Ability to comply with university policies.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
What You Can Expect
As part of the Baylor family, eligible employees receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, generous time off, tuition remission, and outstanding automatic retirement contributions. Baylor has a comprehensive benefits plan that supports you and your family’s wellbeing and allows you to be a part of the life of a vibrant and active college campus. To learn more, go to Baylor Benefits & Advantages.
Explore & Engage
Learn more about Baylor and our strategic vision, Illuminate . Also, explore our great hometown of Waco and the many opportunities to engage locally. If you are new to Central Texas, This is Waco!
Baylor University is a private not-for-profit university affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, Baylor is committed to compliance with all applicable anti-discrimination laws, including those regarding age, race, color, sex, national origin, military service, genetic information, and disability. Baylor’s commitment to equal opportunity and respect of others does not undermine the validity and effect of the constitutional and statutory protections for its religious liberty, including, without limitation, the religious organization exemption under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the religious exemption to Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and the Free Exercise Clause of the First Amendment to the United States Constitution, among others. Baylor encourages women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. EEO/M/F/Vets/Disabled
- Job Identification 15530
- Job Category Staff
- Posting Date 08/29/2023, 06:34 PM
- Degree Level Master
- Job Schedule Full time
- Locations 1111 S University Parks Drive, Waco, TX, 76706, US
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*