Associate Governmental Program Analyst (Licensing and Citation Analyst)
Classification/Working Title: Associate Governmental Program Analyst (AGPA) - Licensing and Citation Analyst-JC 376453
Final Filing Date: September 5, 2023
This position supports the California Department of Public Health’s (CDPH) mission and strategic plan by maximizing and stabilizing funding sources and demonstrating responsible financial stewardship.
The Associate Governmental Program Analyst (AGPA) performs research and analysis to develop expertise in several program areas, analyzes and researches issues, and prepares responses to controlled and other program correspondence on a variety of subjects. The incumbent will have frequent contact with health care providers, other State entities, city and/or county agencies, other division/sections within the Department and the Office of Legal Services. The incumbent works as an expert analyst and must possess thorough knowledge of Licensing and Certification, State and Federal laws, regulations, State Accounting as well as Department/Program policies and procedures, databases, and systems.
The incumbent works under the direction of the Staff Services Manager I (SSM I).
This job announcement is a re-posting. If you have already applied you do not need to re-apply, we have your application on file.
A hybrid telework schedule may be available for this position, in accordance with CDPH’s Telework Policy and Procedures.
Independently researches, analyzes, and prepares support documentation for failure-to-pay invoiced licensing fees. Analyzes available documentation by researching licensee’s payment history using data from customer documentation, facility files, Electronic Licensing Management System (ELMS). Accurately applies federal and state civil codes and regulations to ensure consistency in collection activities, application of procedures, and compliance with the Center's revenue collection standards. Analyzes research findings and prepares written support documents for approval by supervisor. After approval process, prepares, mails, and tracks all notification letters sent to licensees via certified mail for collection of outstanding fees. If necessary, prepares further documentation using the Medi-Cal Electronic Data System Network (EDSNET) and forwards documentation to the Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) Accounting Section Liens & Levies for Medi-Cal offset collection. Analyzes incoming payments from licensees for proper amounts, tracks all warrants issued by DHCS accounting, and prepares them for normal deposit procedures. If required, prepares necessary documentation to halt Medi-Cal offset collection when past due amounts have been satisfied.
A copy of the duty statement can be found here. https://www.calcareers.ca.gov/CalHrPublic/Jobs/JobPosting.aspx?JobControlId=376453
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Create a CalCareers account. This is a free database that allows you to create an account, load your resume and apply for positions. https://jobs.ca.gov/
2. Take the Associate Governmental Program Analyst can be located at the link below.
Associate Governmental Program Analyst Exam: https://www.calcareers.ca.gov/JOBSGEN/9PB04.PDF
3. Apply for the Associate Governmental Program Analyst position through the link below.
4. Required Application Package Documents: The following items are required to be submitted with your application. Applicants who do not submit the required items timely may not be considered for this job:
- Current version of the State Examination/Employment Application STD Form 678 (when not applying electronically), or the Electronic State Employment Application through your Applicant Account at www.CalCareers.ca.gov. All Experience and Education relating to the Minimum Qualifications listed on the Classification Specification should be included to demonstrate how you meet the Minimum Qualifications for the position.
- Resume is required and must be included.
- Other - Supplemental Questionnaire (SQ) -Please see SQ instructions below at end of posting. Any applications received that do not provide a written response to the SQ will not be scored/reviewed.
Supplemental Questionnaire (SQ) Instructions
To apply for this position, candidates are required to complete a Standard State Application (form std. 678) and a Supplemental Questionnaire. Candidates who submit all the required documents by the final filing date will be considered.
The Supplemental Questionnaire (SQ) serves as a documentation of each candidate’s ability to present information clearly and concisely. The SQ is a narrative writing that individually answers each of the prompts below. Each question response shall be on a separate piece of paper, up to one page in length, singled spaced, using 12-point Arial font, and include the prompt at the top of the page. Each page must include your full name and Job Control number in the upper right-hand corner. Applications received without a clearly titled Supplemental Questionnaire or that do not follow the instructions given may not be considered for this position; a resume is required and must be submitted.
Describe how your background makes you a good fit for this position.
Describe three (3) strengths that make you the best candidate for this position.
Describe your education and experience working with tools such as Excel, Word, and other software/databases.
PAY AND BENEFITS:
$5,518.00 - $6,907.00 per Month
Benefits: Work Life Balance with flexible telework options, Alternate Work Week available, Paid time off including: holidays, annual/sick leave, professional development days, personal days, disability leave and more, Travel Reimbursement, medical, dental and vision benefits (with cash options), generous defined-benefit pension, retiree Healthcare, Employee Assistance Program Benefits including CalHR Wellness Discounts, 401(k) and 457(b) Plans (Savings Plus), Commute Program, Life Insurance/Death Benefits Options, ScholarShare 529 College Savings Plan Options, Group Legal Services Insurance Plan Options
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $5,518.00 - $6,907.00 per month
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Sacramento, CA 95814: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Analytical: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Sacramento, CA 95814
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*