Student Support Services Project Director
The essential job functions listed are not comprehensive and duties and responsibilities may change without notice.
- Effective interpersonal, oral, and written communication and problem-solving skills.
- An understanding of and commitment to the community college mission.
- An understanding of the unique challenges faced by low-income/first-generation college students.
- Supervises, evaluates, and trains Student Support Services (SSS) Project Staff.
- Reviews participant applications, verifies eligibility and academic need, and selects participants.
- Makes final eligibility determinations.
- Compiles and analyzes data on SSS participants for comparison with the general College population.
- Ensures that all program requirements are met and that accurate, detailed records relative to the purpose of Student Support Services (retention, performance, graduation, and transfer) are maintained.
- Prepares and submits all required reports to the U.S. Department of Education by established deadlines.
- Articulates the purpose of Student Support Services to the College community and maintains a close working relationship with Admissions, Advising, the ADA Office, Registrar Office, Financial Aid, Student Activities, and the Learning Assistance Center.
- Ability to engage with students in face-to-face and virtual environments.
- Develops innovative ways to collaborate with other student services departments to best meet the needs of SSS participants and encourage participation.
- Manage the SSS grant aid awards.
- Outreach to campus community to promote Student Support Services program for recruitment of potential applicants. Attend classes; participate in student activities programs, orientation, etc. to inform the college community of the benefits of the program.
- Continually maintain open communication with assigned students and cultivate professional relationships with college departments.
- Help maintain a database system for monitoring and tracking program participants.
- Competency with personal computers, mobile devices, and standard office software applications, including word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software, and online meeting software.
- Represent the College at meetings of various groups and organizations dealing with assigned area of responsibilities.
- Serve on College committees and task forces as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Associate Dean of Instruction/Compliance Officer, Executive Vice President of Operations, and/or President.
Must demonstrate a commitment to:
- Student retention and success.
- Challenging and cultivating student achievement beyond the classroom.
- Supporting a diverse population of learners.
- Working in a participatory and collegial setting.
- Supporting continuous improvement of curricula and services.
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in education, higher education, counseling, psychology, student personnel, or public administration.
- Three (3) years of experience in the areas of staff supervision, budget management, program development and evaluation, reporting, and compliance with federal regulations.
- Five (5) years of experience working in federal TRiO programs, academic support programs, or similar programs for disadvantaged and at-risk college students.
- Doctoral degree from a regionally accredited institution.
Bishop State Community College Local Salary Schedule- C3 -Rank 2 ($51,903- $73,480)
Continued employment is contingent upon funding from the grant. This position is on a non-tenured track.
Position announcements and employment applications are available at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/accs/bishopstate? Applications currently on file must be resubmitted for this position. Delinquent and/or unsigned application packets and/or documents will not be accepted.
Only complete application packets will be given consideration for employment.
A completed application packet consists of:
- Completed Bishop State Community College employment application (must be signed)
- Letter of interest with reference to the position announcement
- Current resume
- Applicable Transcript with conferred date (While an unofficial transcript may be submitted as part of the application packet, an official transcript must be received before the date of hire.)
More than one position in the same job classification may be filled from the applicants for this position should another vacancy occur during the search process. In accordance with Alabama Community College System policy and guidelines, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a consent form and to submit a nonrefundable fee of $24.40 (additional charges may apply) for a criminal background check. Employment will be contingent upon receipt of a clearance notification from the criminal background check. Bishop State Community College is an active participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-verify). E-verify electronically confirms an employee’s eligibility to work in the United States as required by the Department of Homeland Security.
The Selection Committee will screen all applicants for the position. The Committee will select applicants for in-person interviews which may consist of question/answer session and /or skills assessments. Applicants must adhere to the College’s prescribed interview schedule and must travel at their own expense. The College reserves the right not to fill the positions in the event of budgetary or operational constraints. Bishop State Community College is a multi-campus organization and employees of the College are required to travel among various work sites for both day and evening responsibilities and must provide their own mode of transportation. Bishop State Community College is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the Alabama Community College System, including postsecondary community and technical colleges under the control of the Alabama Community College Systems Board of Trustees, that no employee or applicant for employment or promotion, on the basis of any impermissible criterion or characteristic including, without limitation, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, disability, sex, age, or any other protected class as defined by federal and state law, shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. Bishop State Community College will make reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled applicants or employees. Bishop State Community College reserves the right to withdraw this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*