This job has Expired
Revenue Control Representative
- Job ID:
- 10 Brookline Place West, Brookline, MA 02445
- Employment Type:
- Full time
- Work Location:
- Full Remote: Occasional time on campus
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is a leader in life changing breakthroughs in cancer research and patient care. We are united in our mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. We strive to create an inclusive, diverse, and equitable environment where we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all backgrounds, and design programs to promote public health particularly among high-risk and underserved populations. We conduct groundbreaking research that advances treatment, we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers, and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
This position's work location is fully remote with occasional time on-campus in Brookline Place. The selected candidate may only work remotely from a New England state (ME, VT, NH, MA, CT, RI).
- Identify and reconcile bank deposits made by Third party payers via electronic fund transfers or lockbox
- Batch checks from lockbox and create batch header worksheets
- Utilize RDS system to process and reconcile checks received at the DFCI address.
- Post all electronic (EDI) and manual (non EDI) transactions received by third party payers (i.e. payments, denials, contractual allowances etc)
- Process & post all payments made by patients at the hospital cashier office and outside departments.
- Process, track and resolve monthly miscellaneous cash
- Export and analyze all 835 electronic payment files in preparation of posting,
- Resolve any edits, PLB, default visits or report issues timely and accurately from all 835 payer files
- Communicate to supervisor/manager missing remit (EDI 835) files, operational and system issues that arise
- Process adjustments requests in a timely manner
- Assists on special projects
- Process and distribute mail to Patient Accounting and other departments in Finance
- QA batches for accuracy and reconcile payment batches
- Adheres to all departmental, institutional, and regulatory policy
- Other duties as assigned
- Meet minimum number of posting transaction required
- Troubleshoot batch posting variances
- Researches and resolves the complex payment batch variances
- Train and orient new staff and temporary staff members as needed.
- Performs detail research on remittance advices and electronic edits, denials and new payer regulations.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- Must have knowledge of third party billing regulations and basic knowledge of HIPAA 835. Should have technical aptitude for processing of 835 files.
- Exhibit good communication skills, be a team player, and be a self starter. Should also be dependable, have the ability to take direction, and be able to follow through.
- Capable of handling large volume of data, ability to meet deadlines, well organized, and detail oriented.
- Some medical terminology knowledge may be necessary and experience with Access database, GEIDX and BWH Bic's system.
At Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, we work every day to create an innovative, caring, and inclusive environment where every patient, family, and staff member feels they belong. As relentless as we are in our mission to reduce the burden of cancer for all, we are equally committed to diversifying our faculty and staff. Cancer knows no boundaries and when it comes to hiring the most dedicated and diverse professionals, neither do we. If working in this kind of organization inspires you, we encourage you to apply.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*