Postdoctoral Associate- Machine Learning and Computational Biology
Apply now »
Title: Postdoctoral Associate- Machine Learning and Computational Biology
Division: Integrative Physiology
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Work Location: Houston, TX
Salary Range: Per NIH Guidelines
FLSA Status: Exempt
Requisition ID: 16758
The Samee Lab is a cutting-edge research team located in Houston, TX, dedicated to advancing the fields of single-cell and spatial omics data modeling and analysis. Our mission is to develop innovative machine learning and statistical algorithms to uncover valuable insights from complex biological datasets. We collaborate closely with other institutions within the Texas Medical Center, granting our team access to rich and diverse human datasets. If you are passionate about leveraging machine learning and data science techniques to drive transformative discoveries in the realm of single-cell and spatial omics, we encourage you to apply.
- Completes a research project.
- Writes and publishes manuscripts.
- Presents research outcomes to collaborators and at national conferences.
- Conceives, designs, and implements novel machine learning and statistical algorithms tailored specifically for modeling and analyzing single-cell and spatial omics datasets. These algorithms will be at the forefront of cutting-edge data science methods.
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience required.
- Ph.D. in computer science, data science, computational biology, bioinformatics, or a related discipline.
- Strong background in machine learning, statistical analysis, and data science techniques.
- Familiarity with single-cell and/or spatial omics data is highly advantageous.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python, R, or similar.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to present complex concepts clearly.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Apply now »
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*