Postdoctoral Research Associate
What We Are Looking For:
A post-doctoral position is open at Baylor University in urban air quality and atmospheric chemistry. The position will work with Drs. Sheesley and Usenko in the Department of Environmental Science.
What You Will Do:
The successful candidate will work on aerosol optical properties, aerosol composition and VOC chemistry in Texas urban areas. The candidate will utilize MATLAB and similar data analysis software to conduct statistical analysis of ambient datasets to improve understanding of spatial distributions of emission sources, source characterization, chemistry during transport and interactions with local meteorology. The candidate may also have opportunities to work on projects associated with urban air quality, long range transport of biomass burning and dust aerosol, and biogenic emissions in the Arctic. The candidate is expected to have experience with atmospheric measurements and subsequent data analysis.
The position is for one year, with the possibility of extension.
- PhD in Environmental Science or a closely related field
- Provide assistance with the preparation of project-related reports, manuscripts and presentations
- Conduct research design and oversee experiments
- Develop and establish experimental procedures
- Prepare and manage extensive databases
- Develop and implement research quality control procedures
- Analyze data and prepare reports; develop recommendations based on results
- Verify the accuracy and validity of data
- Work with highly technical and complex research instruments
- Perform all other duties as assigned to support Baylor’s mission
- Ability to comply with University policies
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance
- Travel is required to field sites in Texas and encouraged for conferences and meetings.
- Driving is not required, but preferred.
- What You Can Expect:
- Compensation & Benefits
- As part of the Baylor family, eligible employees receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, generous time off, and tuition remission. Baylor has a comprehensive benefits plan that supports you and your family’s wellbeing and allows you to be a part of the life of a vibrant and active college campus. To learn more, go to Baylor Benefits & Advantages .
- Explore & Engage
- Learn more about Baylor and our strategic vision, Illuminate . Also, explore our great hometown
- of Waco and the many opportunities to engage locally .
Baylor University is a private not-for-profit university affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, Baylor is committed to compliance with all applicable anti-discrimination laws, including those regarding age, race, color, sex, national origin, military service, genetic information, and disability. Baylor’s commitment to equal opportunity and respect of others does not undermine the validity and effect of the constitutional and statutory protections for its religious liberty, including, without limitation, the religious organization exemption under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the religious exemption to Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and the Free Exercise Clause of the First Amendment to the United States Constitution, among others. Baylor encourages women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. EEO/M/F/Vets/Disabled
- Job Identification 15276
- Job Category Staff
- Posting Date 08/04/2023, 03:11 PM
- Job Schedule Full time
- Locations 101 Bagby Avenue, Waco, TX, 76706, US
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*