Location: Los Angeles, California
Internal Number: REQ20137012
The University of Southern California (USC), founded in 1880, is located in the heart of downtown L.A. and is the largest private employer in the City of Los Angeles. As an employee ofÂ USC, you will be a part of a world-class research university and a member of the âTrojan Family,â which is comprised of the faculty, students and staff that make the university a great place to work. Â
The USC Dana and David Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences is seeking a Resource Employee in the Welcome Center at the Dornsife Business Office. The largest and oldest of the USC schools, USC Dornsife functions as the academic core of the university, offering courses and advancing knowledge across the humanities, social sciences and natural sciences.
If you enjoy interacting with a dynamic group of people, embrace challenge, and have a positive and team-oriented Fight On spirit, do not miss this exciting career opportunity! In this role, you will have an opportunity to deliver top-notch customer service to the collegeâs faculty, staff and students through our Welcome Center as you support the hiring process for both domestic and international hires.
- This role responds to a variety of in-person customer inquiries and concerns at our front counter, incoming customer telephone calls, emails and other inquiries.Â As a Resource Employee, you will be facilitating the onboarding process for Dornsife Faculty, Staff, Postdoctoral and Student hires.
- Main duties include completion of form I-9, assisting with international work authorization paperwork within our Glacier system, validation of entries into Workday system of record; will also work closely with HR/Payroll analysts and other pertinent business office units as applicable.Â
- Ability to review documents for accuracy and completeness is essential.
- This candidate should have at least one (1) year of I-9 processing and onboarding experience, preferably with a related educational background.Â
- The right candidate thrives in a diverse, high-volume and fast-paced environment and possesses creative and analytical problem-solving skills.Â
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills are essential.Â
- Knowledge of and experience in Workday software, payroll/HR, and experience in an academic environment is preferred but not required.Â
Hourly range:Â The hourly rate range for this position is $26.45-$29.00. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidateâs work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The university reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
Required Documents and Additional Information:
- Resume and cover letter required (may be uploaded as one file). Please do not submit your application without these documents.
- Job openings are posted for a minimum of (5) five business days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended, so please apply on the same business day if interested.
The University of Southern California is an Equal Opportunity Employer that Values Diversity.
Minimum Education: High school or equivalentMinimum Experience: 1 yearMinimum Field of Expertise: Skilled in payroll or personnel processing with knowledge of applicable regulations
Create a Job Alert for Similar Jobs
About University of Southern California (USC)
USC is the leading private research university in Los Angeles—a global center for arts, technology and international business. With more than 47,500 students, we are located primarily in Los Angeles but also in various US and global satellite locations. As the largest private employer in Los Angeles, responsible for $8 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic and professional schools and administrative units. As a USC employee and member of the Trojan Family—the faculty, staff, students, and alumni who make USC a great place to work—you will enjoy excellent benefits, including a variety of well-being programs designed to help individuals achieve work-life balance.
Connections working at University of Southern California (USC)
More Jobs from This Employer
Return to Search Results
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*