Post-Doctoral Research Associate - UT Oak Ridge Innovation Institute
Post-Doctoral Research Associate - UT Oak Ridge Innovation Institute - 23000001KD
Postdoctoral Research Associate
The University of Tennessee-Oak Ridge Innovation Institute (UT-ORII)
Professor Toby L. Nelson with the University of Tennessee – Oak Ridge Innovation Institute is seeking highly motivated and enthusiastic candidates for a postdoctoral research associate position. The research associate will bring their skills, knowledge, and experience into a highly collaborative research environment focused on mechanochemical organic synthesis and mechanochemical polymerization for development of organic materials in collaboration with Dr. Nelson.
· Lead research projects in the research laboratory.
· Design, plan and perform organic materials experiments.
· Analyze and interpret data, communicate results, and prepare manuscripts for peer-reviewed publications.
· Mentor and train graduate and undergraduate students in research methods and techniques
· Collaborate with a large, interdisciplinary network of researchers.
· Participate in grant proposal writing and other fundraising efforts.
· Ph.D. in organic chemistry or a related field.
· Expertise in multi-step synthesis and mechanochemical synthesis is essential.
· A background in synthetic organic chemistry with an emphasis on mechanochemistry, polymer chemistry and/or organic materials is a requirement.
· Experience using spectroscopic methods, including NMR, FTIR, and UV-vis techniques, as well as solid-state/bulk analysis via TGA and DSC.
· Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with group members and other research groups.
· Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail.
More about UT-Oak Ridge Innovation Institute:
UT-ORII was founded in 2019 by the University of Tennessee and Oak Ridge National Laboratory to help the US maintain prominence as a global leader in innovation and discovery, and to create a robust talent pipeline in areas of growing national need and demand. UT-ORII is funded by the Department of Energy and the State of Tennessee.
Salary is commensurate with experience. This is a regular, full-time, 12-month, non-tenure track staff position with full benefits. This position is for one year, with possible extension based on performance.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest, curriculum vita, contact information for three (3) academic references who can provide information about the applicant’s research skills and experience. Material must be submitted via the Taleo application portal [link]. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. For inquiries, please contact Dr. Toby L. Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Proposed Start Date: August 2023
Ut Oak Ridge Innovation Institute
Jul 21, 2023, 11:21:58 AM
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*