IT Support Specialist
IT Support Specialist
$48,712.00 - $64,473.00 Annually
7/31/2023 3:00 PM Central
Ingram State Technical College
The IT Support Specialist position is responsible for technical work involving PC hardware, software, and peripheral equipment operation and support. Employees in this position are responsible for coordinating the assignment and processing of work orders and requests for service for all College sites by operating computers and peripheral equipment using a PC or online terminals. Perform PC technician duties while in designated areas. This position will also create and assist in developing and delivering training materials for common help desk issues. Work involves the application of initiative and independent judgment. This position reports directly to the Director of Information Systems under the umbrella of the Dean of Administration. Listed below are the primary responsibilities for this position; however, the IT Manager may assign other professional duties to meet the College’s needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs system (internet, web services, e-mail) checks daily and notifies appropriate personnel.
- Responds to user problems; assist in identifying computer software and hardware malfunctions and initiate corrective action to maintain workflow.
- Receiving duties for the IT department: properly accounting for the location of incoming goods, assuring no damaged items are received, inventory tracking, and matching shipments with purchase orders.
- Demonstrates computer literacy, such as the ability to utilize current technology to communicate, collect and analyze data.
- Installs and configures various devices and hardware; performs upgrades.
- Administers, operates, troubleshoots, and supports data networks.
- Maintains proper documentation and professional training.
- Trains faculty and staff on the proper care and use of computers, printers, and peripherals.
- Troubleshoots, maintains, and upgrades student and administrative computer workstations.
- Exemplifies attention to detail; ensures efficient and timely completion of projects.
- Assures program compliance with Department of Corrections administrative regulations and protocols relating to telecommunications.
- Develops, implements, and manages security procedures as required to protect the program’s networks, systems, and data.
- Travels as needed among various ISTC campuses to evaluate issues; satisfactory driving record required.
- Advises the Director of Information Systems of any areas of concern.
- Must be eligible to enter any/all Department of Corrections (DOC) facilities to perform the job duties and maintain this status for continued employment.
- Possesses an understanding of and commitment to the philosophy and mission of a community and technical college.
- Possesses a sensitivity and commitment to cultural diversity.
- Complies with any applicable guidelines and policies set forth by the Alabama Community College System (ACCS) Board of Trustees, the Alabama Community College System, and J.F. Ingram State
- Technical College.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to make independent judgments, solve problems, provide leadership, and work with diverse groups.
- Excellent organization skills, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Willing to be flexible with work schedule as workload dictates.
- Understand and maintain confidentiality and professional integrity.
- Reliable and punctual.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others internal and external to the college.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems or related IT field; one (1) year of experience supporting a technical helpdesk in resolving hardware, software, and network issues OR a minimum of two (2) years (96 quarters or 64 semesters hours) of postsecondary education from an accredited institution and a minimum of two (2) years of experience supporting a technical helpdesk in resolving hardware, software, and network issues is required. Experience working in a correctional environment; experience with managing security camera systems is preferred.
Application Procedures/Additional Information
General Information: J.F. Ingram State Technical College is a postsecondary correctional education institution. Our mission is to provide quality educational services to individuals incarcerated in central Alabama’s correctional facilities. The student population served is diverse in age, race, educational, economic, and cultural background.
CTE / Adult Education Sites
Alabama Therapeutic Educational Facility Limestone Correctional FacilityBibb Correctional Facility Main CampusDonaldson Correctional Facility St. Clair Correctional FacilityDraper Instructional Service Site Thomasville Day Reporting CenterEasterling Correctional Facility Tutwiler Instructional Service CenterFountain Correctional Facility Ventress Correctional Facility
Additional Adult Education Sites
Birmingham Work Release Center Loxley Work Release CenterBullock County Correctional Facility Montgomery Women's FacilityElmore Correctional Facility North Alabama Work Release CenterKilby Correctional Facility Red Eagle Work Release Center
Pardons and Paroles Centers
Birmingham Day Reporting Center Baldwin Day Reporting Center LiteHuntsville Day Reporting Center Fort Payne Day Reporting Center LiteMontgomery Day Reporting Center Jasper Day Reporting Center LiteMobile Day Reporting Center Opelika Day Reporting Center LitePerry County Reenty Education Program Sand Mountain Day Reporting Center Lite
Salary Range: Salary will be determined by placement on the appropriate Alabama Community College System-approved salary schedule. E2 02 ($48,712 - $64,473)
APPLICATIONS MUST BE FILED ONLINE AT: https://istc.edu/employment/
If you have problems completing your application, contact the Human Resources Coordinator at email@example.com.
Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications indicated on this vacancy notice and submit a completed online application packet through the online application system by the deadline date to be considered for this position. The applicant’s sole responsibility is to ensure his or her application packet is complete. Incomplete application packets will eliminate the possibility of an interview.
A complete application consists of the following:
- Online employment application
- Current resume
- Copies of college transcripts
Application materials, including transcripts, must prove that the applicant meets all minimum qualifications. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable for application; however, the College may request official transcripts before extending an employment agreement to the successful candidate. Degrees must be posted on transcripts.
Application Procedures/Additional Information
The College will not incur the cost of applicants' interview expenses. Applicants desiring reasonable accommodations for the interview are encouraged to request such accommodations when contacted for an interview appointment.
The College reserves the right to fill the position within one year of the stated, anticipated starting date or not to fill the position due to budgetary or operational considerations. Further, the College reserves the right to fill more than one position in the same job classification should another vacancy occur during the search process.
In accordance with Alabama Community College System policy and guidelines, the applicant selected for employment will be required to sign a consent form for a criminal background check. Employment will be contingent upon receiving a clearance notification from the criminal background check. If a conviction for a felony or any crime involving moral turpitude is found, the procedures established for the Board of Trustees policy concerning criminal background checks will be followed.
Ingram State Technical College (ISTC) actively participates in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), which electronically confirms an employee's eligibility to work in the United States as the Department of Homeland Security requires. Applicants hired by ISTC will be subject to the E-Verify process pursuant to Act. No. 2011-535.
ISTC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the official policy of the Alabama Community College System that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, disability, gender, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity or employment. ISTC will make reasonable accommodations for qualified candidates or employees. ISTC reserves the right to withdraw this job announcement at any time before the awarding.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*