This job has Expired
Patient Accounting Billing Specialist
- Job ID:
- 10 Brookline Place West, Brookline, MA 02445
- Employment Type:
- Full time
- Work Location:
- Full Remote: Occasional time on campus
The primary function of the P/A Biller Specialist is the daily management of the assigned portion of the accounts receivable, typically allocated based on payer and alphabetical splits.† Basic responsibilities include regular and consistent billing or follow-up work on outstanding third party claims, denial management, verification of accurate reimbursement, and correction and/or reprocessing of claims as necessary.††† The Billing Specialist should remain in full compliance with all departmental, institutional and regulatory policies and procedures.† Confidentiality is a key function of this role.† The Specialists will have regular exposure to patient demographics, diagnostic and billing information.† Additionally, they will have exposure to physician information including physician numbers assigned by governmental agencies and insurance carriers.† The Specialists may also perform other duties as assigned, including but not limited to, special patient accounting projects, charge entry, and cash applications.
The Biller Specialists should have knowledge of third party billing regulations, as well as of hospital and/or professional operations, and third party payer requirements. The Biller Specialists should have working knowledge if industry standard medical coding conventions. They should be dependable, self-starters and be deadline driven. In addition to the previously mentioned, have strong oral and written communication skills and have the ability to work well independently as well as in a team setting.
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
- Daily management of the assigned portion of the accounts receivable,†
- Timely review and resolution of edits to ensure timely submission of claims to the payer
- Daily submission or follow up of third party claims†
- Timely follow-up and resolution of outstanding claim balances, denial management
- Reviews and resolves credit balances
- Informs senior staff of billing issues/trends
- Operates on multiple systems as assigned. (ie Claim scrubber, Billing Systems)
- Bachelor's degree or minimum of 2 years of experience required.
- Also general experience within an office setting and computer skills preferred.
- Performs primary duties above as directed and requires moderate supervision.
- Experience working with various software applications, including Microsoft Office and various billing software preferred.
- Experience with patient account applications and procedures preferred.
- The Biller Specialists should have knowledge of third party billing regulations, as well as of hospital and/or professional operations, and third party payer requirements.
- The Biller Specialists should have working knowledge if industry standard medical coding conventions.
- They should be dependable, self-starters and be deadline driven. In addition to the previously mentioned, have strong oral and written communication skills and have the ability to work well independently as well as in a team setting.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, we work every day to create an innovative, caring, and inclusive environment where every patient, family, and staff member feels they belong.† As relentless as we are in our mission to reduce the burden of cancer for all, we are equally committed to diversifying our faculty and staff.† Cancer knows no boundaries and when it comes to hiring the most dedicated and diverse professionals, neither do we. If working in this kind of organization inspires you, we encourage you to apply.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*