Position TypePost Doc
Department ID118101 - Biological And Agricultural En
Department118101 - Biological And Agricultural En
Job City & StateRaleigh, NC
Essential Job Duties
The postdoctoral research scholar will report directly to Dr. Mahmoud Sharara and work closely with Drs. Dani Jones (Biological and Agricultural Engineering) and Eric Edwards (Agricultural and Resources Economics). The position is funded through the Environmental Enhancement Grant (EEG) program, the North Carolina Department of Justice (NC DOJ). Interested applicants should be available to start as soon as August 2023 but no later than October 2023.
The position is expected to be funded through the summer of 2024 and subject to further extension.
The successful candidate is expected to perform literature and data syntheses to develop process models for technologies to process manures from different animal species (swine, poultry, and cattle). These models will capture efficiency, emissions, and techno-economic performance (TEA) for processes alone or in a cascade. The scholar will develop mixed-integer optimization models to inform site selection and scale of technology adoption. The scholar is expected to generate peer-reviewed publications in scientific journals and assist with leading research efforts.
We especially encourage women, members of underrepresented groups, and persons with disabilities to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities
The candidate will be expected to:
- Review and synthesize quantitative studies related to manure processing technologies and product/byproduct performance and valuation.
- Manage large datasets (including spatial datasets) from multiple sources to derive data regarding manure quantities/composition, land-uses, and transportation logistics.
- Develop process models and optimizations to estimate region-wide and state-wide technology adoption performance and economics.
- Generate peer-reviewed manuscripts and technical reports, and present the work at technical conferences and stakeholder meetings.
Work ScheduleMon-Fri, 8am-5pm
Department Required Skills
- PhD in Biological and Agricultural Engineering or related.
- Applicants should possess a background in data analysis, process modeling.
- Must possess excellent analytical and writing skills.
- Fluency in English.
Preferred Years Experience, Skills, Training, Education
Required License or Certification
- Valid Driverís License.
Valid NC Driver's License required?Yes
Commercial Driver's License Required?No
Anticipated Hiring Range$60,000 (Commensurate with Experience)
Job Open Date06/20/2023
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*