General Business Faculty (One-Year-Only)
At Mesa Community College, diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values. We honor the contributions of each person and respect the profound ways their identity, culture, background, experience, status, abilities, socioeconomic background, immigrant status, language, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, nationality, and intellectual perspective, enrich the college community. We continuously adapt and respond to differences with a single focus - to create a welcoming, safe, equitable, and inclusive environment that ensures all students and employees have the support and knowledge to succeed and thrive. MCC is committed to building and sustaining a workplace that reflects our community and student population. Our goal is that our students and employees have the knowledge and skills necessary to excel, lead, navigate, and thrive in a diverse world.
The Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) is committed to providing you with a competitive, comprehensive benefits program that provides the care you and your family need to lead healthy and productive lives. Our benefits are designed to provide support for every life stage and lifestyle in our community.
Benefits & Perks Options:
- 16 paid observed holidays
- Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) & 12% Employee Contribution Match (Pension, Long Term Disability, and Health Insurance)
- Paid, sick, and personal time (if applicable)
- Maricopa Employee Store: Perks & Gears (exclusive discounts and offers for Maricopa Community Colleges faculty and staff)
- $4,000 Annual professional development growth funding (if applicable)
- Tuition reimbursement for employees and dependents (if applicable)
- Flexible work schedules
- Maricopa Employee Health & Wellness Program:
- Sight-On-Site Eye Care Services
- Diabetes Empowerment Education Program
- Mobile On-site Mammography Screenings
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wondr™ online program that teaches clinically-proven, healthy habits that lead to less stress, better sleep, weight loss, and more
- Pre-Retirement Events
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (may forgive the remaining balance on a federal student loan made directly by the U.S. Department of Education after qualifying).
- 10+ Maricopa Affinity Resource Employee Groups (Celebrates diversity, embraces inclusion, and supports employees, students, and community!)
This is a short-term, benefits-eligible, full-time one-year-only teaching opportunity for academic year 23/24 beginning August 2023. Faculty member will teach and administer a variety of general business courses in a face-to-face, online, and hybrid environment. Course prefixes may include: GBS, HRM, IBS, MGT, or TQM courses. Instructs a diverse student population in classrooms using appropriate, innovative, and technology-based delivery systems. Maintains academic support hours to assist and advise students outside of the classroom. Evaluates knowledge of subject matter taught and monitors students' scholastic records. Prepares and grades individual and/or departmental examinations. Develops curriculum, course competencies, syllabi, instructional materials, assignments, exams, and other course materials in support of assigned instructional activities.
- Instructs a diverse population of students in classroom and lab settings, teaching EPS / GBS / MGT / MKT / SBS / SBU courses in a face-to-face classroom, hybrid, and online modality.
- Develops written syllabi/course outlines and course materials; assesses student knowledge of subject matter and prepares and grades exams; maintains academic support hours to assist and advise students.
- Engages in the academic life of the college by participating in district-wide and campus committees and activities.
- Develops and enhances knowledge of subject matter taught and individual training skills required to remain current with new trends and developments in the field and to promote the scholarship of teaching and learning through attendance at conferences, courses, seminars, and/or workshops.
The Occupational Teaching Fields require the following from an accredited college or university:
- A Master’s degree in the teaching field OR
- A Master’s degree in any field with 18 graduate credits in the teaching field OR
- A Master’s degree in any field with a combination of 24 upper division and/or graduate credits in the teaching field (Upper-division courses are Junior and Senior level courses in obtaining a Bachelor’s degree) OR
- A Bachelor’s degree and three years of occupational experience in the field to be taught OR
- Five years of occupational experience in the field to be taught OR
- A Journeyman certification in the field to be taught
- EDU 250 - Teaching and Learning in the Community College or equivalent must be completed within two years of date of hire
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter indicating (1) your interest in the position and how you meet the qualifications, (2) a copy of your resume/curriculum vitae, and (3) your unofficial graduate school transcripts to Preston D Cameron at email@example.com by June 25, 2023. Do not apply through the careers website.
Only applications with unofficial transcripts, resume/Curriculum Vitae (CV), and cover letter addressing how the applicant meets the stated qualifications will be considered.
Unofficial transcripts are required with application materials. Include a copy of your unofficial graduate school transcripts. Official transcripts and verifications of employment will be requested upon hire. MCCCD accepts unofficial transcripts for U.S. schools at the time of application. Unofficial transcripts are submitted as an attachment to the application. Transcripts from non-U.S. institutions must be translated/evaluated and provided with application material.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*