This job has Expired
Oncology Infusion Pharmacist
- Job ID:
- 300 Boylston St., Newton, MA 02467
- Employment Type:
- Full time
- Work Location:
- Onsite: Full time on Campus
The Infusion Pharmacist II is responsible for the oversight of the preparation and compounding, order verification, and dispensing of pharmaceuticals according to the laws and regulations governing pharmacists and the practice of pharmacy.† The Infusion Pharmacist II is responsible for the optimization of drug therapy by identifying, resolving, and preventing drug-related problems and adverse drug events.
The pharmacist in this position will provide coverage at our Chestnut Hill location.† This position is 100% on-site.
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is a leader in life changing breakthroughs in cancer research and patient care. We are united in our mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. We strive to create an inclusive, diverse, and equitable environment where we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all backgrounds, and design programs to promote public health particularly among high-risk and underserved populations. We conduct groundbreaking research that advances treatment, we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers, and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.†
- Practices in accordance with all federal and state regulations, DFCI policies and Joint Commission standards.
- Responsible for designated daily operations and/or clinical activities of assigned area.
- Appropriately dispenses pharmaceuticals, including sterile products, chemotherapy, biologics, controlled substances, and investigational medications.
- Evaluates all providersí medication orders for completeness and appropriateness prior to dispensing; consults with providers and nurses to clarify orders as needed.
- Performs quality control on medication orders and prepared medications and additional quality control activities as necessary (e.g., refrigerator temperature, compounding logs, hood cleaning, emergency cart, and controlled substance inventory, etc.).
- Reviews and compares investigational protocols to medication orders for completeness and appropriateness prior to dispensing.
- Oversees pharmacy technicians and students as assigned.
- Participates in the training and orientation of newly hired pharmacists and technicians.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
The Infusion Pharmacist II must meet the following requirements to be hired and maintain their position in the Pharmacy Department at DFCI.
All Pharmacists require a Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy or Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an accredited college of Pharmacy.††
3 year of hospital pharmacy, ambulatory care, sterile compounding experience or 5 years retail pharmacy experience with 2 years oncology experience required. Or completion of a PGY1 residency.
Must be licensed to practice pharmacy in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.††
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a unit team and cross functional teams both inside and outside of department (i.e. patients, providers, other institutions).
- Strong working knowledge of and ability to use all technology required to perform primary job functions.
- Ability to prioritize and accept additional responsibilities based on the changing needs of the work setting.
- Ability to utilize references and/or drug information sources.
- Ability to resolve more complex problems encountered within their scope of practice and to escalate appropriately when needed.
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking skills (ability to analyze information objectively and make a reasoned judgement).
At Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, we work every day to create an innovative, caring, and inclusive environment where every patient, family, and staff member feels they belong.† As relentless as we are in our mission to reduce the burden of cancer for all, we are equally committed to diversifying our faculty and staff.† Cancer knows no boundaries and when it comes to hiring the most dedicated and diverse professionals, neither do we. If working in this kind of organization inspires you, we encourage you to apply.†
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.†
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*