This job has Expired
Postdoctoral Associate- Amyloid Strain Differences in Alzheimer's Disease
Apply now »
Title: Postdoctoral Associate- Amyloid Strain Differences in Alzheimer's Disease
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Work Location: Houston, TX
Salary Range: Per NIH Guidelines
FLSA Status: Exempt
Requisition ID: 15783
The Jankowsky lab seeks a Postdoctoral Associate to study the structure and biology of strain conformation in mouse models of amyloidosis. This work includes characterizing the structural profiles, molecular composition, seeding capacity, cellular and cognitive consequences of different amyloid aggregates in APP transgenic mice. Researchers will work as part of a team combining mouse genetic engineering, viral circuit manipulation, neurohistology, and basic biochemistry to understand Alzheimer's pathogenesis and develop potential treatments.
You can learn more about our lab and ongoing projects at our website: https://www.bcm.edu/research/labs-and-centers/faculty-labs/joanna-jankowsky-lab.
- Designs and conducts research experiments.
- Selects and determines appropriate research procedures.
- Collects, compiles and analyzes data.
- Conducts literature searches and summarizes information needed for particular studies.
- Documents and interprets results of experiments.
- Prepares experimental results for publication and oral presentation.
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience required.
- Experience with tau/amyloid biology and mouse models for tauopathy and amyloidosis.
- Strong background in molecular biology, including protein biochemistry.
- Strong background in neuroscience, including neuroanatomy and cell biology.
- Highly self-motivated with outstanding experimental skills.
- Able to think independently but also work well in a team.
With your application, please submit a resume/CV, including contact information for 3 references.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Apply now »
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*