This job has Expired
Postdoctoral Associate- RNA Biology
Apply now »
Title: Postdoctoral Associate- RNA Biology
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Work Location: Houston, TX
Salary Range: Per NIH Guidelines
FLSA Status: Exempt
Requisition ID: 15772
A Postdoctoral Associate position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Jeremy Wilusz, located in the Verna and Marrs McLean Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology and the Therapeutic Innovation Center (THINC).
Our multi-disciplinary group aims to reveal new modes of gene regulation, especially novel mechanisms that regulate circular RNAs, RNA stability, pre-mRNA splicing, transcription, or translation. We are looking for motivated, hard-working researchers to join our team where they will be able to independently make important discoveries while working in a collaborative, dynamic environment. In addition to carrying out research, there will be ample opportunities for presenting research findings at conferences, supervising students, and career development.
- Develops and applies a combination of molecular biology, genomics, cell biology, and biochemical techniques to uncover novel mechanisms by which RNAs are generated, regulated, and function.
- Analyzes data and prepares manuscripts and presentations at local, national, and international conferences.
- Contributes as needed to the training and mentorship of laboratory personnel, research technicians, and graduate students.
- Maintains good communication with lab leader and members.
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience required.
- PhD in molecular biology, biochemistry, computational biology, or relevant field.
- Demonstrated research productivity through publications.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Apply now »
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*