This job has Expired
Research Postdoctoral Fellow - MD- Congenital Heart Research
Apply now »
Title: Research Postdoctoral Fellow - MD- Congenital Heart Research
Division: TCH Departments
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Work Location: Houston, TX
Salary Range: Per NIH Guidelines
FLSA Status: Exempt
Requisition ID: 16017
The Division of Congenital Heart Surgery (CHS) at Texas Children's Hospital/Baylor College of Medicine is seeking highly qualified applicants for the 2023-2025 Congenital Heart Surgery Postdoctoral Research Fellowship. This intensive two-year program is designed for general and cardiothoracic surgery residents interested in an academic career in cardiothoracic or congenital heart surgery. Housed within the U.S. News and World Report's No.1 ranked Pediatric Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery program in the nation at the Texas Children’s Heart Center, the CHS Postdoctoral Research Fellowship provides a unique opportunity to pursue clinical and outcomes research in congenital heart surgery in collaboration with investigators from Pediatric Cardiology, Cardiovascular Anesthesiology, and Cardiovascular Critical Care Medicine.
Under the mentorship of Texas Children’s Heart Center faculty and congenital heart surgeons, Fellows are directly engaged in all aspects of clinical research, including study design, protocol and database development, data collection and multivariate biostatistical analysis, regulatory compliance, abstract and manuscript preparation, and data presentation.
Fellows are encouraged to complete additional postgraduate training in Data Science and/or Biostatistics through Certificate-level programs at the University of Texas-Houston School of Public Health (UTSPH), for which tuition support may be provided.
Applications for program entry commencing in July 2023 are currently being accepted and will be considered on a rolling basis.
- Essential activities include:
- Research study planning, design and conduct.
- Data collection, cleaning, and biostatistical multivariate analysis.
- Research database design, construction and maintenance.
- Preparation and presentation of research data at local and national meetings.
- Manuscript/abstract writing and preparation of research data for publication in high-quality peer-reviewed medical journals.
- Attendance at departmental and institutional seminars, and research team meetings.
- Assisting with running of weekday morning surgical case conference meetings.
- Participation in didactic continuing education in cardiovascular core curriculum and statistical data analysis methodology.
- Completing and maintaining all required clinical research regulatory certifications for participation in human subjects research.
- Providing general guidance and assistance to other members of the CHS research team.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD).
- No experience required.
- Completion of one year of an ACGME-accredited cardiothoracic surgery or cardiovascular residency program.
- Experience with clinical research methodology and study design, multivariate biostatistical analysis, and manuscript preparation.
- Strong clinical research interest in pediatric cardiology and/or cardiothoracic surgery.
- Prior experience in clinical outcomes research.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Apply now »
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*