This job has Expired
Director of Operations & Communications
Job TitleDirector of Operations & Communications
Operations – The Director is the liaison to Human Resources, working closely with the Human Resources Consultant, and will lead the Grad School ND Voice committee.
- The Director works with Development / Stewardship on recognition efforts and the Advisory Council.
- Develop materials and data necessary to support Development in funding proposals
- Works with stewardship to recognize impact of donor gifts, annual thank you note process, annual impact reports
- The Director provides oversight for the Graduate School space in Bond Hall, working with Facilities Design and Operations as necessary.
Communications – The Director leads the communications efforts of the Graduate School, writing pieces to highlight the work of the Graduate School and Graduate Students and working with other offices on campus to do the same.
- The Director supervises the Graphic Designer and Webmaster, ensuring that visual design, social media, and overall look, feel, and content of the Website are informative and highlight the work of the Graduate School.
Events - The Director supervises the Events Coordinator, who is responsible for the conceptualizing, planning, logistics, and execution of Graduate School events including large scale / signature events as well as internal events that will range in both scope and scale. (Commencement, 3 Minute Thesis, Solarium Gallery, etc.)
- The Director assists with planning regular Graduate School retreats and will support the Advisory Council as needed.
Strategic Planning – Leads the on-going assessment of the Graduate School Strategic Plan, partnering with the Office of Strategic Planning and Institutional Research to execute benchmarking, focus groups, and goal setting
- Leads the annual review of and updates to the plan
- Assists the Dean in coordinating with the Colleges and School in support of the University level Strategic plan as well as College and School level plans that involve Graduate Education.
The Director will take on special projects as necessary in support of the Graduate School. These may include: – documentation of processes – process improvement – benchmarking – other duties as assigned
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to convey complex issues in simple but accurate terms
- Attention to detail
- Proven ability to research issues and problems, identify possible remedies, and facilitate the implementation of preferred solutions
- Strong ethical standards and ability to work with sensitive / confidential information
- Ability to work with multiple and diverse leaders across the Division and University
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Proficiency with MS Office products, University tools (Business Objects, Tableau, GLez etc.), and ability to learn new systems
- Understanding of the mission and values of a Catholic University founded by the Congregation of Holy Cross
DepartmentDean's Office - Graduate School (43000)
Family / Sub-FamilyFin Mgmt / Business Mgmt
Career Stream/LevelM 1 Supervisor
Department Hiring Pay Range$85,000 - $100,000, commensurate with experience
FLSA StatusS1 - FT Exempt
Schedule: Days of Week & Hours
Some nights and weekends as necessary
Schedule: # of months12
Job Posting Date (Campus)06/05/2023
Job Posting Date (Public)06/05/2023
Job Closing Date06/28/2023
Quick Link for Internal Postingshttps://jobs.nd.edu/postings/30884
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*