This job has Expired
Surgery - Vascular Surgery, Research Faculty (Instructor)
Apply now »
Title: Surgery - Vascular Surgery, Research Faculty (Instructor)
Work Location: Houston, TX
Requisition ID: 16109
Baylor College of Medicine and Department Summary:
Baylor College of Medicine (www.bcm.edu) is recognized as one of the nation's premier academic health science centers and is known for excellence in education, research, and healthcare and community service. Located in the heart of the world's largest medical center (Texas Medical Center), Baylor is affiliated with multiple educational, healthcare and research affiliates (Baylor Affiliates).
The Department of Surgery at Baylor College of Medicine is seeking a Instructor (PhD) position to assist faculty in translation of innovations from engineering to various clinical applications. Specifically, the Instructor will contribute in developing and translation of wearable and digital health technologies to quantify mobility and empower patients or their caregivers to be effectively engaged in health ecosystem. They will be responsible for assisting faculties and the interdisciplinary Consortium for Advanced Motion Performance (iCAMP) with the preparation of medical/health grant applications to federal and non-profit agencies.
- Performing the following under Dr. Najafi's guidance in the Interdisciplinary Consortium on Advanced Motion Performance (iCAMP) lab:
- Preparing and editing grant proposals
- Preparing and editing manuscripts
- Study design and analysis
- Preparing and submitting abstracts and seminars to local, national, and international conferences
- Building collaborations with the Orthotics and Prosthetics Department in the School of Health Professions through study design, clinical faculty grant proposals, and student mentorship
- Completion of research studies through the External Program Evaluator contract with the Amputee Coalition
- Actively securing future grant funding as opposed to passively receiving the Postdoctoral Associate salary from previous funding
Education required: Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Apply now »
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*