This job has Expired
Apply now »
Title: Postdoctoral Associate
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Work Location: Houston, TX
Salary Range: Per NIH Guidelines
FLSA Status: Exempt
Requisition ID: 16033
The St-Pierre lab develops and applies new tools for perturbing and imaging the brain. We develop fluorescent indicators of neural activity (e.g., voltage indicators), light-gated proteins to control neural activity (e.g., optogenetic silencers), photostable fluorescent proteins (e.g., mGold YFP), and genetic circuits to control protein expression (e.g., Equalizers). For example, we reported in Cell last year a new voltage indicator for recording electrical dynamics in awake behaving mice. We are looking for a motivated, organized, creative, and resourceful scientist with expertise in a relevant discipline including protein engineering, synthetic biology, electrophysiology, advanced microscopy, optics, and/or machine learning. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop cutting-edge molecular technologies, learn new skills, and be part of an enjoyable workplace. The St-Pierre lab values inclusivity and diversity.
- Conducts research projects, both independently and with others.
- Purchases, sets up and maintains equipment necessary to conduct the research project.
- Teaches techniques, procedures, and experimental design to other members of the lab.
- Communicates research results during our group meetings and conferences.
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience required.
- Must have published or submitted a minimum of 1 first-author paper in a high-impact peer-reviewed English-language journal. Co-first authors are accepted. If you have a first-author manuscript in preparation (but not submitted), please include it in your CV (with the mention “in prep”) or in a cover letter.
Please include (1) a recent CV, (2) a short cover letter including (a) 1-2 paragraphs explaining your interest in the position, and (b) 2 references who can attest to your accomplishments and potential as a scientist. Please include your Ph.D. advisor as one of the two references (If there is an issue with including her/him, please mention this in your cover letter and Dr. St-Pierre can discuss privately).
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Apply now »
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*