This job has Expired
Research Technician III - Pediatric Nutrition
Apply now »
Title: Research Technician III - Pediatric Nutrition
Schedule: Monday - Friday; 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Work Location: Houston, TX
Salary Range: $31,581 - $42,714
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Requisition ID: 14975
The lab supports research technician on the role of nutrition in the regulation of muscle growth. The technician will work with a team of technical staff, postdoctoral fellows, and the PI to investigates the effects of premature birth and dietary interventions on protein synthesis, intracellular signaling, and metabolism.
- Conducts animal research studies with neonatal pigs including surgeries, husbandry, clinical care, and specimen collection and handling.
- Performs analytical work on collected specimens using a variety of biochemical, cellular, and molecular techniques for determination of protein metabolism, nutrient signaling, and cell growth.
- Conducts biochemical assays using colorimetric, fluorometric, and high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) assays.
- Quantifies protein and gene expression using enzyme-linked immunoassay (ELISA), Western immunoblotting, and Real-Time Quantitative Reverse Transcription PCR (qRT-PCR), will be trained.
- Documents experiments and analyzes and summarizes data.
- Works with laboratory personnel to complete research studies.
- Orders laboratory supplies and maintains necessary reagents and supplies.
- Assists the principal investigator with IACUC compliance and lab safety protocols.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- One year of relevant experience.
- Master's degree in a related field.
- Experience in laboratory and animal research.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Apply now »
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*