This job has Expired
Assistant Administrative - CE Industrial Tech & Energy
Provide principal support in office by carrying out recurring office procedures.
May be responsible for semester course scheduling, and track enrollment/personnel matters.
Respond to special projects, frequently under deadline conditions.
Respond to student and community inquiries as they arise.
Manage supervisor’s calendar.
May support the implementation of dual credit recruitment, workshops, and other events.
May provide support in coordinating and developing course offerings for regional dual credit programs.
Gather documents necessary to hire part-time faculty and staff.
May develop course schedule spreadsheets as directed by the supervisor.
Inventory office supplies to prepare orders for purchase.
Coordinate, schedule travel for Department faculty and staff.
File correspondence, records, and other department documents.
Prepare basic reports, such as budget, payroll and enrollment reports, as directed by supervisor.
Send, receive, and distribute faxes.
Answer and screen phone calls, handling multiple lines.
Perform other duties, tasks and assignments as required.
Education & Experience
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• 2 years experience progressive secretarial experience required
• 3 years experience preferred
Licensing & Certification
• Valid Texas Driver License
• MS Office Programs
• Information Management Systems
• Organizational & communication skills
• Serving customers
• Delivering high quality work
• Communicating effectively
• Using creative problem solving
• Prioritizing effectively
• Using technology effectively
• Being resourceful
General office. May frequently be required to walk; stand; sit; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision. Use of personal computing equipment, telephone, multi-functioning printer, photocopier, file cabinets, and calculator. Manual dexterity, ability to lift up to 25 pounds, ability to reach and bend, and use 2-step stool while safely lifting and lowering boxes. Ability to travel to and from meetings, training sessions or other business-related events. May be required to work after hours to include weekends and holidays.
SECURITY SENSITIVE: This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215
Houston Community College (HCC) is an open-admission, public institution of higher education offering a high-quality, affordable education for academic advancement, workforce training, career development and lifelong learning to prepare individuals in our diverse communities for life and work in a global and technological society. We’re proud to say that 98 percent of our graduates step into a job in their field of study immediately upon graduation. One of the largest community colleges in the nation, HCC has served the Greater Houston area for over four decades. Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, and the Schools Commission on Colleges, we offer 300+ associate degree and certificate programs to 75,000+ students across 13 Centers of Excellence and online each semester. We are proud to be No.1 among all community colleges in the nation in providing associate degrees to minorities and No.1 in educating international students, with 10.4 percent of our student population from outside the USA. Our vision is to become the Employer of Choice in support of our mission for Student Success by attracting, retaining and motivating the best employees.
Play a central role at HCC as you keep our everyday operations running like clockwork. You’ll get the chance to make things happen and work closely with inspiring leaders across different parts of the institution. Whether your role is supportive, administrative, financial or something else, you’ll be part of a dynamic team that not only provides HCC students with cutting-edge academic and career tools, it also takes care of its people.
Houston is a city with limitless possibilities:
• Fourth-largest city in the U.S. and home to 54 Fortune 500 companies, second only to New York City’s 55.
• 145 languages are spoken here.
• Overall after-taxes living costs are 5.6 percent below the average for all 308 urban areas recently surveyed.
• Houston is a major-league sports town, and don’t forget the annual Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo.
• The weather is great! Mild winters ensure that outdoor activities can be enjoyed year-round.
• World-renowned medical care. The Houston metro area has long been known for its first-rate health care system, with many Houston area hospitals consistently ranking among the nation’s top institutions.
• With over 150 museums and cultural institutions in the Greater Houston area, museums are a large part of Houston’s cultural scene.
• Houston is the Culture & Culinary Capital of Texas with more than 7,500 restaurants and eating establishments covering 60+ cuisines.
If this sounds like the role for you and you’re ready to join an amazing team, please apply right away.
Houston Community College does not discriminate on the bases of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran’s status. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies
David Cross, Director EEO/Compliance, Title IX Coordinator
Office of Institutional Equity
PO Box 667517
Houston TX, 77266
713 718.8271 or
HCC values its employees and their contributions, promotes opportunities for their professional growth and development, and provides a positive working and learning environment that encourages diversity, innovation and creativity, and inclusion.
Individuals with disabilities, who require special accommodations to interview, should contact (713) 718-8565.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*