This job has Expired
Accounts Receivables Manager
The Accounts Receivables Manager reports directly to the Executive Director of Fiscal Services. This position is responsible for managing student cashiering, preparing invoices for account billings and the collections of outstanding balances of all College funds.
Salary Schedule Placement: Appropriate placement on Salary Schedule C3 03 ($45,484 -$74,307) based on experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Management of the student payment processes in the Banner Software.
- Supervise campus cashiers: schedules, conducts performance evaluations, authorizes leave, etc.
- Prepare Accounts Receivable billings on a regular basis for Third Party Billings.
- College Liaison for Touchnet Payment processes; monitoring student payments.
- Setup and update payment plans each term in Touchnet.
- Review Return of Title IV calculations for students withdrawing from LSCC
- Review 1098T’s for year-end processing.
- Review student outstanding charges and apply processing hold
- Prepare, process and mail student billings
- Prepare, process and submit invoices and all other required documents for Contract billings.
- Process and obtain approval for all student refunds
- Print and obtain signature on all student refunds.
- Close and balance cashiering functions daily.
- Maintain a log of student refund checks and the appropriate documentation.
- Maintain all Code files in Banner relating to student fees.
- Coordinate with Student Financial Services to produce, process and distribute all Financial Aid checks
- Coordinate with Student Financial Services to load external scholarships.
- Prepare all Accounts Receivables records and files for storage and record retention
- Enter into the Banner Software image, scan, and maintain direct deposits application documents
- Reverse payments and administer fee for NSF checks and credit cards, provide copies to Birmingham cashier to maintain for records
- Establish and maintain by term an excel spreadsheet of new and existing residence hall applicants
- Maintain residence hall applications and administer necessary fees to residence when authorized (ex. Application fee, lost key fee, cleaning fee etc.)
- Assist students with account issues
- Assist with the fiscal year end closing and external annual audit
- Serve on various committees as assigned
- Assist in registration process
- Perform other duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION, STANDARDS, AND TRAINING:
- Bachelor’s Degree with a major in accounting, business administration, or related field from a regionally accredited university
- Three years of experience in accounting, business, finance or related field
- Experience with integrated accounting software systems (ERPs such as Ellucian Banner, Alliant Data Systems, Touchnet, PeopleSoft, etc.) and Microsoft Office applications
REQUIRED LICENSE, CERTIFICATION, OR SPECIAL CREDENTIALS:
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Excel
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and ability to multi-task
- Experience providing excellent customer service
- Comprehensive knowledge of institutional policies and procedures
- Ability to work independently on complex tasks and prepare accurate reports
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with others in a pleasant and effective manner
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of office information
- Ability to represent the college in a professional manner at all times
- Ability to follow-through and complete assignments in a timely manner
- Detailed oriented
This job description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned. This job description and specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor.
Application Procedures/Additional Information
Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and must submit a complete application packet through the ONLINE application system (www.lawsonstate.edu) by the deadline date in order to be considered for the position. It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to ensure his or her application packet is completed. Application material may not be submitted by fax or email. If you have any questions regarding the application, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (205)929-3408 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
A complete application packet consists of:
- A cover letter
- An Online application
- A current resume
- A copy of all post-secondary transcripts identifying the applicant, institution, and date degree conferred.
- If employed, all official transcripts must be received in the Office of Human Resources prior to the employment start date.
Applicants who fail to submit a complete application packet will not be considered. Before an offer is made, the top applicants must provide the following: Employment verification letter(s) from a current or previous employer detailing all relevant experience. Employment verification letters must include employment dates and job title and be on official letterhead with an authorized personnel signature. Work experience verification from a current employer may be delayed until an official offer of employment has been made. Applicants must submit a written request to delay submission or work experience verification from a current employer.
More than one position in the same job classification may be filled from the applicants for this position should another vacancy occur during the search process.
EEOC, E-VERIFY, AND BACKGROUND CHECK STATEMENTS:
Lawson State Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Alabama Community College System, including all postsecondary community and technical colleges under the control of the Alabama Community College System Board of Trustees, that no employee or applicant for employment or promotion, on the basis of any impermissible criterion or characteristic including, without limitation, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, disability, sex, age, or any other protected class as defined by federal and state law, shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment.
Lawson State Community College will make reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled applicants upon request.
In accordance with Alabama Community College System Policy and Guidelines, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a consent form for a criminal background check. Employment will be contingent upon the receipt of a clearance notification from the criminal background check. Lawson State Community College is an active participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-verify). E-verify electronically confirms an employee's eligibility to work in the United States as required by the Department of Homeland Security.
Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications as indicated on this vacancy notice and must submit a completed application packet in order to be considered for this position. Complete application files must be received no later than the application deadline. Applicants who fail to submit all required information will be disqualified. Applicants must adhere to the College's prescribed interview schedule and must travel at their own expense. The College reserves the right to withdraw this job announcement at any time prior to awarding.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*