This job has Expired
Transfer Advisor Coordinator (Student Support Services Grant Funded Position)
Full Job Description
To provide academic and career technical advising and support services necessary to retain participants through graduation and transfer and accomplish the program objectives.
- Maintain a full caseload of Student Support Services participants. Work directly with the participants while providing, coordinating and implementing program activities and services. Provide intensive follow-up on each assigned participant.
- Maintain accessibility to Student Support Services participants.
- Discuss the participants’ needs, identify available activities and services to address needs and create an Individualized Success Plan for each Student Support Services participant.
- Provide academic and career technical advising in course selection for Student Support Services participants.
- Develop a course of study for participants leading to graduation and/or transfer.
- Maintain timely, accurate and confidential records on Student Support Services participants by documenting contacts and provided services.
- Maintain liaison with area four-year institutions and coordinate/supervise on and off-site visits with area 4-year universities.
- Plan and implement College Transfer Fairs.
- Maintain and disseminate to Student Support Services participants transfer information; including but not limited to, admissions requirements and deadlines, current program offerings, financial aid and scholarship information from area 4-year institutions.
- Contribute to the development of activities, both written and electronic, to facilitate the recruitment, retention, academic success, graduation and transfer of Student Support Services participants.
- Assist in the delivery of workshops pertaining to the academic and financial needs of the Student Support Services participants.
- Research changes in Financial Aid requirements and ensure SSS personnel are kept abreast of the changes.
- Maintain a communications network with college faculty and staff and serve as an advocate for Student Support Services participants and a liaison between the participants and college faculty and staff.
- Attend relevant professional meetings and workshops.
- Serve on committees and attend departmental and division meetings as scheduled.
- Work closely with the Director to carry forward Student Support Services program goals and objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree, required.
- Masters degree, preferred.
- One year experience working in post-secondary education, required.
- One year experience working with a database program, required.
- One year experience working with disadvantaged populations, required.
- One year experience working in a TRIO program, preferred.
- One year experience working with interactive technology, preferred.
A complete application packet consists of the following:
- a completed Northwest-Shoals Community College online application form,
- a current resume, and
- postsecondary transcripts (unofficial or official), which must include institution’s name, college degree, and degree date.
Applications may be submitted online at www.nwscc.edu.
Applications should be received by no later than Monday, June 26, 2023.
Incomplete application packets will eliminate the possibility of an interview.
Application packets received after the deadline date will eliminate the possibility of an interview.
The submission of all required application materials by the deadline date is the sole responsibility of the applicant.
Compensation is in accordance with the Alabama Community College System’s Salary Schedule C3-0 ($46,952 - $71,741).
Northwest-Shoals Community College is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the Alabama Community College System, including all postsecondary community and technical colleges under the control of the Alabama Community College System Board of Trustees, that no employee or applicant for employment or promotion, on the basis of any impermissible criterion or characteristic including, without limitation, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, disability, sex, age, or any other protected class as defined by federal and state law, shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. Northwest-Shoals Community College will make reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled applicants or employees. Applicants in need of an accommodation(s), should contact the Office of Human Resources prior to the interview. 256-331-5279 Applicants must adhere to the College’s prescribed interview schedule and must travel at their own expense. Northwest-Shoals Community College will not be responsible for copying application packets for current or future positions. In accordance with Alabama Community College System Policy and guidelines, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a consent form for a criminal background check. Employment will be contingent upon the receipt of a clearance notification from the criminal background check. Northwest-Shoals Community College is an active participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-verify). E-verify electronically confirms an employee’s eligibility to work in the United States as required by the Department of Homeland Security. Northwest-Shoals Community College reserves the right to withdraw this job announcement at any time prior to awarding of employment.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*