This job has Expired
Full Job Description
Title: History Adjunct
Agency: Tidewater Community College
Location: Portsmouth - 740
Hiring Range: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Full Time or Part Time: Part Time
The adjunct faculty member is responsible for teaching courses to which he/she has specific training or competence. Plans, organizes, teaches, and provides feedback to students to promote and direct student learning in either a classroom, remote via Zoom, or online environment to students with a wide variety of academic backgrounds and experiences. Engages students outside of class via office hours and provides thorough, timely, and effective feedback to students regarding the mastery of course and program learning outcomes.
1. Responsible for creating a learning environment that facilitates students’ acquisition of knowledge and skills in a discipline and/or program.
2. Aligns course activities with student learning outcomes for the course; employ a variety of active learning strategies to foster student engagement; employ appropriate technology and supporting materials that support course and/or program learning outcomes; and provide students with prompt and meaningful feedback on course activities and assignments, communicating with students in a timely and respectful manner.
3. Deliver instruction in support of stated learning outcomes; adhere to college policies and procedures for participation in student surveys of instruction; conduct meaningful and timely assessments of student learning, including at least one assessment within the first 15% of class; and analyze the previous semester’s evaluation of instruction and develop and implement appropriate action plans as necessary.
4. Responsibilities may include work during the day, evening and/or weekend as determined by the course(s) assigned.
5. Hold at least 1 office hour per week for each credit hour assigned.
Teaching experience at the college level.
Knowledge of CANVAS or other learning management systems.
Knowledge of, and experience with, proven teaching strategies that promote student success
Candidates should possess sufficient technology skills to work productively in an organization that utilizes significant information and instructional technology resources.
Willingness to use or incorporate emerging technologies and alternative delivery methods appropriately, including online delivery, hybrid course options, content software, web-enhancements, etc.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*